|Thesis||Abstract interpretation and optimising transformations for applicative programs (1982)|
Mycroft read Mathematics at Cambridge then moved to Edinburgh where he completed his Doctor of Philosophy degree with a thesis on the Abstract interpretation and optimising transformations for applicative programs supervised by Rod Burstall and Robin Milner.
With Arthur Norman, he co-created the Norcroft C compiler. He is also a named trustee of the Raspberry Pi Foundation, a charitable organisation whose single-board computer is intended to stimulate the teaching of basic computer science in schools.
Mycroft has four children: Christopher, Richard, Sarah and William. His daughter is a medical doctor, and his three sons have followed him into mathematics; Richard as a Lecturer in Mathematics at the University of Birmingham and William as a recently started PhD student at the University of Sheffield.
- Alan Mycroft publications indexed by Google Scholar
- Mycroft, Alan (1982). Abstract interpretation and optimising transformations for applicative programs (PhD thesis). University of Edinburgh. OCLC 10271733.
- Bierman, Gavin Mark (1993). On intuitionistic linear logic (PhD thesis). University of Cambridge. OCLC 855137714.
- Kennedy, Andrew John (1995). Programming languages and dimensions (PhD thesis). University of Cambridge. OCLC 35674839.
- Lawrence, Alan Charles (2007). Optimizing compilation with the Value State Dependence Graph (PDF) (PhD thesis). University of Cambridge. OCLC 890153987.
- Lokhmotov, Anton (2008). Programming and compiling for embedded SIMD architectures (PDF) (PhD thesis). University of Cambridge. OCLC 890154536.
- Orchard, Dominic (2014). Programming contextual computations (PDF) (PhD thesis). University of Cambridge.
- Srinivasan, Siriam (2010). Kilim : a server framework with lightweight actors isolation types zero-copy messaging (PhD thesis). University of Cambridge. OCLC 890149134.
- Srinivasan, S.; Mycroft, A. (2008). "Kilim: Isolation-Typed Actors for Java". ECOOP 2008 – Object-Oriented Programming. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. 5142. p. 104. ISBN 978-3-540-70591-8. doi:10.1007/978-3-540-70592-5_6.
- Alan Mycroft at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- List of publications from Microsoft Academic Search
- Alan Mycroft at DBLP Bibliography Server
- Alan Mycroft author profile page at the ACM Digital Library
- Alan Mycroft's publications indexed by the Scopus bibliographic database, a service provided by Elsevier. (subscription required)
- Mycroft, A.; O'Keefe, R. A. (1984). "A polymorphic type system for prolog". Artificial Intelligence. 23 (3): 295. doi:10.1016/0004-3702(84)90017-1.
- Mycroft, A. (1984). "Polymorphic type schemes and recursive definitions". International Symposium on Programming. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. 167. pp. 217–228. ISBN 978-3-540-12925-7. doi:10.1007/3-540-12925-1_41.
- Mycroft, A. (1980). "The theory and practice of transforming call-by-need into call-by-value". International Symposium on Programming. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. 83. pp. 269–281. ISBN 978-3-540-09981-9. doi:10.1007/3-540-09981-6_19.
- Nethercote, N.; Mycroft, A. (2003). "Redux". Electronic Notes in Theoretical Computer Science. 89 (2): 149. doi:10.1016/S1571-0661(04)81047-8.
- Mycroft, Alan; Norman, Arthur C. (1992). "Part I: classical imperative languages". Optimising compilation. Cambridge, UK: University of Cambridge, Computer Laboratory. CiteSeerX . OCLC 29982690.
[…] the 'Norcroft' compiler suite jointly constructed by the authors […] Commercial interests are referred to Codemist Ltd. […]
- Bush, Steve (2011-05-26). "In depth: Raspberry Pi, the computer on a stick". Electronics Weekly. Retrieved 2011-07-11.
The Raspberry Pi developers and trustees of its Foundation are: David Braben – Founder of games software firm Frontier Developments and co-author of 'Elite'. Jack Lang – Business angel, early Acorn employee, founder of Cambridge start-ups. Pete Lomas – Founder and MD of Norcott Technologies. Robert Mullins – University of Cambridge Computer Laboratory and St. John's College, Cambridge. Alan Mycroft – Professor of Computing in University of Cambridge Computer Laboratory Eben Upton – Engineer at Broadcom Europe, founder of software start-ups, and former director of computer science at St. John's College, Cambridge.
- "Dr Sarah Mycroft". Archived from the original on 2015-02-19.
- "Dr Richard Mycroft – University of Birmingham".
- "William Mycroft – University of Sheffield".
|This biography article of a United Kingdom academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a British scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|P ≟ NP||This biographical article relating to a computer scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|