||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (November 2009)|
Monsignor Alan Placa is a priest in good standing employed by Giuliani Partners, a management consulting and security consulting business founded by high school friend Rudy Giuliani, former New York City Mayor.
Placa was temporarily placed on an administrative leave of absence by the Catholic church following an accusation of misconduct. Subsequently, a grand jury published a report accusing him of misconduct in sexually molesting numerous children and for covering up molestation by other priests. No charges were subsequently filed. He was subsequently cleared of all charges by a U.S. Church tribunal and that action was upheld by the Vatican.
Giuliani and Placa reportedly have been close friends since childhood. Placa was best man at Giuliani's wedding to second-cousin Regina Peruggi and then assisted Giuliani in getting that marriage annulled over the objections of his wife so that he could marry girlfriend Donna Hannover.
- ,"Former high-ranking LI priest cleared of abuse allegations"
- , "Statement Regarding Rev. Msgr. Alan J. Placa Decision - Diocese of Rockville Centre"
- Michael Powell, "Loyal to Kerik, Giuliani Missed Warning Signs," New York Times, November 3, 2007
- Homothug Yippie Museum Press 2008 ISBN 1-4196-8939-8 AJ Weberman
- Giuliani's loyalty to an accused priest | Salon News