Alan Riach is a Scottish poet and academic.
He was born in 1957 in Airdrie, Lanarkshire. Riach studied at Cambridge and Glasgow. He worked at the University of Waikato in New Zealand from 1986. He is Professor of Scottish Literature at the University of Glasgow.
- This Folding Map (AUP, 1990)
- An Open Return (Untold Books, 1991)
- First & Last Songs (Chapman, 1995)
- Clearances (Scottish Cultural Press, 2001)
- Homecoming: new poems 2001-2009 (Luath, 2009)
- "Scottish Poetry Library". Retrieved 11 August 2013.
- "University of Glasgow :: School of Critical Studies :: Our staff :: Prof Alan Riach". Retrieved 11 August 2013.
|This article about a Scottish writer, poet or playwright is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|