|Member of the California State Senate|
|Born||February 5, 1943|
|Spouse(s)||Miriam Elbaum (D)|
Alan Robbins (born February 5, 1943) is a former American politician in the state of California. Robbins also served time in a federal prison.
In 1967, Robbins served in the California Army National Guard. In 1968, Robbins served in the United States Naval Reserve.
On November 20, 1991, Robbins resigned from the California State Senate.
Robbins served his time in a federal prison in Lompoc, California. Robbins was released after 18 months in federal prison, although his sentenced was five years. Robbins spent another two months in a half-way house.
- "Alan Robbins". joincalifornia.com. Retrieved July 11, 2019.
- "Inventory of Alan Robbins Papers - Biography". oac.cdlib.org. Retrieved July 11, 2019.
- "Alan Edward Robbins #39353". calbar.ca.gov. Retrieved July 11, 2019.
- "Alan E. Robbins". about.me. Retrieved July 11, 2019.
- Gladstone, Mark. "Robbins Was Widely Disliked by Colleagues : Reputation: He was known for his cockiness and his deal-making, but he remained popular with constituents in his heavily Democratic district", The Los Angeles Times, Los Angeles, November 20, 1991. Retrieved on February 26, 2016
- Jacobs, Paul, and Gladstone, Mark. "Robbins Gets Five-Year Sentence, $475,000 Fine : Courts: EX-state senator's term for political corruption could be reduced if he continues to be helpful to prosecutors", The Los Angeles Times, Los Angeles, November 20, 1991. Retrieved on February 26, 2016
- Guthrie, Julian (March 26, 1995). "Lobbyist in Jail: I am in ruins". sfgate.com. Retrieved July 11, 2019.
- Katches, Mark (April 9, 1996). "Robbins Returns to Capitol: Political Reform on Agenda". Daily News via the freelibrary.comcom. Retrieved July 11, 2019.
- Schrag, Peter (April 12, 2014). "Political corruption nothing new in California". sandiegouniontribune.com. Retrieved July 11, 2019.
- "Nathan "Nate" Elbaum". legacy.com. Retrieved July 11, 2019.
- DeSantis, Jeannette (August 14, 1996). "Robbins Takes Heat on Tenant's Trial". Daily News via thefreelibrary.com. Retrieved July 11, 2019.
- Chatsworth Developer Charged in Money-Laundering Scheme - Bernie Lavitch loaned illegal gambling proceeds to Robbins.
- Alan Robbins at upinthevalley.org
- "Alan+Robbins" Alan Robbins media at sfgate.com