This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (April 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Blanchard in October 2013
|Born||Alana Rene Blanchard|
March 5, 1990
Kauai, Hawaii, United States
|Residence||Kauai, Hawaii, United States|
|Weight||121 lb (55 kg)|
|Sponsors||Rip Curl, Reef, SPY Optic, Sticky Bumps, GoPro, Rockstar, Channel Islands|
|Favorite waves||Hanalei Bay|
Alana Rene Blanchard (born March 5, 1990) is an American professional surfer and model. Blanchard has surfed on the ASP World Tour. Blanchard also designs and models Rip Curl swimwear, particularly a line of wetsuits specifically for surfing. She is a long time best friend and supporter of Bethany Hamilton.
Blanchard is the daughter of Holt and Cydney Blanchard. She has 2 brothers Byron (older) and Dorian (younger). Both she and her father are friends of fellow surfer Bethany Hamilton, and they were present when Hamilton suffered the shark attack that cost her left arm at age thirteen. Blanchard was played by actress Lorraine Nicholson in the 2011 film Soul Surfer.
Blanchard took first place in shortboard at the 2005 T&C Women's Pipeline Championships. She has also won championships in the following:
- The Women's Pipeline Championships, Hawaii
- The Rip Curl Girls Festival Junior Pro, Spain
- The Roxy Pro Trials in Haleiwa, Hawaii
- The Billabong Pro Pre Trials in Hookipa, Maui
- The Volcom Pufferfish Surf Series in Pinetrees, Kauai.
In 2013, Blanchard began dating Australian pro surfer Jack Freestone after they met while on the North Shore of Oahu, HI. In June 2017, the couple announced that they were expecting their first child. Their son, Banks Harvey, was born on December 1, 2017.
- "Surfer Profile: Alana Blanchard". Association of Surfing Professionals. Archived from the original on 2016-05-12. Retrieved February 1, 2015.
- "Surfer". Alana Blanchard. Retrieved 2012-02-17.
- Webster, Andrew. "Manly awash with booty and the beasts | thetelegraph.com.au". Dailytelegraph.com.au. Retrieved 2012-02-17.
- Independent Newspapers Online (2003-11-03). "Teen's surfing dreams shattered in a second - World News | IOL News". IOL.co.za. Retrieved 2012-02-17.
- "Female teen surfing star loses arm in shark attack of Hawaii shore". Owosso Michigan: The Argus-Press. Nov 2, 2003. Retrieved 17 February 2012.
- "Bethany Hamilton and the Real Alana Blanchard". History vs. Hollywood. CTF Media. Retrieved 28 June 2018.
- Anne Beasley Weber, "Pipeline is for Girls," Surfline.com, publication date unknown, retrieved February 1, 2015
- "The 20 Hottest Champions in Sports". Bleacher Report. 2012-01-26. Retrieved 2012-02-17.
- "Surfer Girl: Alana Blanchard and boyfriend Jack Freestone are surfing's ultimate power couple". Network A. February 3, 2014. Retrieved December 2, 2017.
- Buckley, Brendan. "Alana Blanchard And Jack Freestone Are Having A Baby". Stab Magazine. Retrieved December 2, 2017.
- "Alana Blanchard on Instagram". Instagram. December 2, 2017. Retrieved 2017-12-02.
- Waight, Emily (January 11, 2016). "Exclusive: Q+A With Pro Surfer & IG Star Alana Blanchard". Sporteluxe. Retrieved December 2, 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Alana Blanchard.|
|This article about an American surfer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|