||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (April 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Alana Blanchard at the EDP Cascais Girls Pro in 2013
|Born||Alana Rene Blanchard
March 5, 1990
Kauai, Hawaii, United States
|Sponsors||Rip Curl, Reef, SPY Optic, Sticky Bumps, GoPro, Rockstar, Channel Islands|
|Favorite waves||Hanalei Bay|
Alana Rene Blanchard (born March 5, 1990) is an American professional surfer and model. Blanchard has surfed on the ASP World Tour, though she has indicated she may take a break from competitive surfing in 2015. Blanchard also designs and models Rip Curl swimwear, particularly a line of wetsuits specifically for surfing.
Alana is the daughter of Holt Blanchard. Both Alana and her father are friends of fellow surfer Bethany Hamilton, and were present when Hamilton suffered the shark attack that cost her an arm. Blanchard was played by actress Lorraine Nicholson in the 2011 film Soul Surfer.
Blanchard took first place in shortboard at the 2005 T&C Women's Pipeline Championships. She has also won championships in the following:
- The Women's Pipeline Championships, Hawaii
- The Rip Curl Girls Festival Junior Pro, Spain
- The Roxy Pro Trials in Haleiwa, Hawaii
- The Billabong Pro Pre Trials in Hookipa, Maui
- The Volcom Pufferfish Surf Series in Pinetrees, Kauai.
- "Surfer Profile: Alana Blanchard". Association of Surfing Professionals. Retrieved February 1, 2015.
- "Surfer". Alana Blanchard. Retrieved 2012-02-17.
- Alana Blanchard is the most popular surfer in the world but she can’t win a heat, news.com.au, retrieved February 1, 2015
- Webster, Andrew. "Manly awash with booty and the beasts | thetelegraph.com.au". Dailytelegraph.com.au. Retrieved 2012-02-17.
- Independent Newspapers Online (2003-11-03). "Teen's surfing dreams shattered in a second - World News | IOL News". IOL.co.za. Retrieved 2012-02-17.
- "Female teen surfing star loses arm in shark attack of Hawaii shore". Owosso Michigan: The Argus-Press. Nov 2, 2003. Retrieved 17 February 2012.
- Anne Beasley Weber, "Pipeline is for Girls," Surfline.com, publication date unknown, retrieved February 1, 2015
- "The 20 Hottest Champions in Sports". Bleacher Report. 2012-01-26. Retrieved 2012-02-17.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Alana Blanchard.|
|This biographical article related to surfing is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|