Alangan is spoken by 2,150 people in the following municipalities of north-central Mindoro (Ethnologue).
- Sablayan municipality, Mindoro Occidental Province
- Naujan municipality, Mindoro Oriental Province
- Victoria municipality, Mindoro Oriental Province
The Ayan Bekeg dialect spoken on the northeast slopes of Mount Halcon is understood by Alangan speakers throughout the area (Tweddell 1970:193).
- Alangan at Ethnologue (18th ed., 2015)
- Hammarström, Harald; Forkel, Robert; Haspelmath, Martin; Bank, Sebastian, eds. (2016). "Alangan". Glottolog 2.7. Jena: Max Planck Institute for the Science of Human History.
- Tweddell, Colin E. 1970. “The Identity and Distribution of the Mangyan Tribes of Mindoro, Philippines”. Anthropological Linguistics 12 (6).
|This Austronesian languages-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|