|Elevation||79 m (259 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Alangudi is located at  It has an average elevation of 79 metres (259 feet)..
Villages in Alangudi
- Kilapatti Rasiamangalam
- Kiramangalam (North)
- Kothamangalam (North)
- Kothamangalam (South)
- Kovilur Devasthanam
- Kulamangalam (North)
- Kulamangalam (South)
- Melakkarumpiran kottai
- Mullankurichi North
- Mullangurichi South
- Nagaram (Old Name Jayanagaram) [One of the famous old temples is Subramania Koil at Nagaram. Fourteen days of celebration is held in the month of April, i.e. the Tamil Month of Panguni. The temple is built on an artificial hill as it is the abode of Lord Muruga or Subramania, similar to Pazhani. The original name of the village called Nagaram is Jaya Nagaram had a Zamindari headquarters, a police station which does not exist where the land was given to one legendary teacher. The shape of the location of the Nagaram village is that the Lord Subramania Temple stand in the Centre and all four sides live different communities, i.e. the Temple faces East and has long road connecting Aranthangi and Pattukkottai, on Left of Northern side the Community called small business group "Pandaram" Western side has a big lake; southern side south-western is Zamindar's family, south side Temple priest of Brahmins, South-east live Devars, East-south is Chettiars, East-northern is Ambalakarar/farmersand on extreme east along the main road to Aranthangi to Pattukkottai located Cheri or depressed classes now very well advanced.]
- Neduvasal Kilpadi
- Neduvasal Melpadi
- Vandan Viduthy
- Vanniyan Viduthy
- Vembankudi East
- Vembankudi West
As of 2001[update] India census, Alangudi had a population of 10,742. Males constitute 51% of the population and females 49%. Alangudi has an average literacy rate of 77%, higher than the national average of 59.5%; with 55% of the males and 45% of females literate. 12% of the population is under 6 years of age.
- Shiva Temple - Alangudi.
- Sri Naadiamman Temple - Alangudi.
- Arulmigu Periyanayakiamman Sametha Arangulanathar Thirukoil, Thiruvarangulam.
- Sri Chithi Vinayagar Temple, Kallampatti
- ArulMigu Permaiyaa Kovil, Alangadu
- ArulMigu Perumaal Kovil, Alangadu
- Sithi vinayagar kovil,Pachikkottai
- Papathi amman kovil,Pachikkottai
- Sri Chithi Vinayagar Temple,Namakkottai
- Arulmigu Dharmasamvarthini Sri Namapureeswarar Temple, Alangudi
- Sri Perungaraiyadi Meenda Ayyanar Temple,Kulamangalam
- Sri Muthumariyamman Temple,Kothamangalam
- Sri Mariyamman Temple, Vadagadu
- Sri Nadiamman Temple, Alangudi,kilathur
- Sri Mariamman Temple, Kallalangudi
- Sri veerama muneeswarar Temple,GH,Bharathidasan salai
- Sri Muthumariyamman Temple & Sri Ayyanar Temple, Vanniyan Viduthy
- Sri Subramania Swamy Temple, Senthangudi-Nagaram Circle, near Keeramangalam Town Panchayat, Alangudi Taluk
- Sri Thaanandi Amman Thirukovil,Anavayal
The current member of legislative assembly for Alangudi is V.Meyyanathan.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Alangudi
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.