|Born:||January 1, 1992|
San Fernando, California
|Height:||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Weight:||234 lb (106 kg)|
|High school:||Oaks Christian School|
(Westlake Village, California)
|Career NFL statistics|
Alani Fua (born January 1, 1992) is an American football linebacker who is currently a free agent. He was signed by the Arizona Cardinals as an undrafted rookie free agent following the 2015 NFL Draft. He played college football at Brigham Young from 2010 to 2014.
Fua was signed by the Arizona Cardinals as an undrafted free agent on May 2, 2015.
On September 28, 2016, Fua was placed on injured reserve with a knee injury.
On July 31, 2017, Fua was waived/injured by the Cardinals and placed on injured reserve. He was released on September 18, 2017.
His father, George Fua, of San Mateo, played tight end for Ricks College, San Joaquin Delta College, and Cal State Northridge in the late 1980s and early 1990s. He went undrafted in the 1991 NFL Draft and briefly played professional football in the Arena Football League, with the Sacramento Attack and Miami Hooters. He now operates a construction company in Northridge, California.
He is married to Malaysia Fua [née Gonzalez]. Together they have 2 boys, and a little girl on the way.
- Urban, Darren (May 5, 2015). "Cardinals Bring In 14 Undrafted Rookies". AZCardinals.com. Archived from the original on July 31, 2017. Retrieved July 31, 2017.
- Urban, Darren. "Cardinals Add Aaron Brewer To Snap". AZCardinals.com. Archived from the original on September 29, 2016. Retrieved September 28, 2016.
- Alper, Josh (July 31, 2017). "Cardinals add another cornerback". ProFootballTalk.NBCSports.com.
- Hiserman, Mike (September 1, 1990). "Fua More Than Just a Routine Performer : College football: Cal State Northridge's starting tight end is also an accomplished dancer". Los Angeles Times.
- George Fua's profile at ArenaFan.com
|This biographical article relating to an American football linebacker born in the 1990s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|