Shrivastava at Stockholm Film Festival in 2016
Lady Shri Ram College|
Jamia Millia Islamia
|Notable work||Lipstick Under My Burkha|
Alankrita Shrivastava is an independent Indian filmmaker. After assisting Bollywood director Prakash Jha with many projects, she made her directorial debut with Turning 30!!! and recently made the critically acclaimed Lipstick Under My Burkha.
Early life and education
Shrivastava is from Delhi and studied in an all-girls’ boarding school, Welham Girls' School in Dehradun and attended Lady Shri Ram College in Delhi. She completed her education at the A.J.K. Mass Communication Research Centre at Jamia Millia Islamia.
She moved to Mumbai and assisted Prakash Jha on many movies including Gangaajal, Apaharan, Loknayak, Dil Dosti, Khoya Khoya Chand, Raajneeti and more. Her diploma film was about her mother's battle against cancer.
Both her parents were very supportive of her dreams, but her father passed away after a long illness in 2016. In an interview, she mentioned that she took to Buddhism and practices it daily. She currently lives and works in Mumbai.
|2005||Apaharan||Chief Assistant Director|
|2007||Dil Dosti Etc||Executive Producer|
|2007||Khoya Khoya Chand||Executive Producer|
|2011||Turning 30!!!||Director / Writer|
|2017||Lipstick Under My Burkha||Director / Writer|
- Joshi, Namrata (2017-12-30). "Disappointed that #MeToo didn't find resonance in India, says director Alankrita Shrivastava". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2018-03-15.
- Jhunjhunwala, Udita (2016-10-28). "Alankrita Shrivastava: A woman looking at women". www.livemint.com/. Retrieved 2018-03-15.
- "ALANKRITA SHRIVASTAVA". Miami Film Festival. Retrieved 23 June 2017.
- "Alankrita Shrivastava: Storytelling has been controlled by men - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2017-11-22.
- "Lipstick Under My Burkha director Alankrita Srivastava: The story of my women characters has become the story of the film". The Indian Express. 2017-07-02. Retrieved 2018-03-15.
- "Female Idol Blog Series – Filmmaker Alankrita Shrivastava On 'Lipstick Under My Burkha' And More". WMF India. Retrieved 23 June 2017.
- "Lipstick Under My Burkha director Alankrita Srivastava: The story of my women characters has become the story of the film". The Indian Express. 2017-07-02. Retrieved 2017-11-22.
- LATA KHUBCHANDANI. "Alankrita Shrivastava". Outlook. Retrieved 23 June 2017.
- ""Patriarchy knows no religion.": director Alankrita Shrivastava discusses "Lipstick Under My Bu..." Salon. 2017-09-12. Retrieved 2017-11-22.
- "Always have to be defensive about my films: 'Lipstick Under My Burkha' director". The News Minute. 2017-07-09. Retrieved 2018-07-20.
- "30, Single, And Happy". India Times. Retrieved 23 June 2017.
- KAORI SHOJI. "There's always drama at home". Japan Times. Retrieved 23 June 2017.
|This article about an Indian film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|