Alappuzha beach during sunset
|• Official||Malayalam, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|ISO 3166 code||IN-KL|
Alappuzha Beach(Malayalam : ആലപ്പുഴ ബീച്ച്) is a beach in Alappuzha town and a tourist attraction in Kerala, India. Beach has an old pier which extend to sea is over 150 years old. Alappuzha beach host many events annually like Alappuzha beach festival, Sand art festival and many more.
Alappuzha beach is one of the major tourist spot in Alappuzha town. Alappuzha lighthouse situated near to the beach. Beach is accessible through various town roads and an elevated highway will passing by the beach as part of Alappuzha bypass in order to preserve the beauty of the area. Camel safaris was another attraction in beach which introduced a couple of years ago but it got banned by authorities.
Events in Alappuzha beach
Alappuzha beach festival is a famous event organised as part of new year celebration. It's organised as an annual event in every year. Thousands of people gathers in the event includes from other district. Kerala's first international sand art festival and competition held on April 26-2015 in Alappuzha beach. Many national and international sand artists participated in event. The state tourism department and the Alleppey Foundation has jointly organised the event.
- "Alappuzha beach - popular picnic spot - Kerala Tourism".
- "It is requiem for the Alappuzha pier". The Hindu.
- "Alappuzha Beach Festival Begins". The New Indian Express.
- Staff Reporter. "Alappuzha beach to host sand art festival in April". The Hindu.
- Staff Reporter. "Alappuzha lighthouse to celebrate 150 Year". The Hindu.
- Staff Reporter. "Bypass project gathers pace". The Hindu.
- "Ban on camel rides on Alappuzha beach". http://www.deccanchronicle.com/. External link in
- ANI (19 April 2015). "Sand art festival begins on Kerala's Alappuzha Beach".
- "Official Web site of Alappuzha District, Kerala State, India - A Quick Tour".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Alappuzha Beach.|
|This article related to a location in Alappuzha district, Kerala, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|