|This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Alatau or Ala-Too (Kazakh: Алатау, Kyrgyz: Ала-Тоо, Russian: Алатау) is a generic name for a number of mountain ranges in Central Asia, characterized by interleaving areas of vegetation, scattered rocks and snows. The Alatau Mountains are located in the North East of Kazakhstan
- Kuznetsk Alatau Mountains in south-central Siberia, Russia
- Several ranges of the Tien Shan
The name Alatau has been given to:
- Alatau, Kazakhstan, a settlement in Kazakhstan.
- Ala-Too Square, the main square in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
- Alatau Sports Palace
- Alatau cattle, a breed of cattle from Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan.
|This Kazakhstan location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Kyrgyzstan location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Xinjiang location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|