Alba-Golden Independent School District
|Alba-Golden Independent School District|
|Hwy 69 N.
ESC Region 7
|Type||Independent school district|
|Grades||Pre-K through 12|
|Students and staff|
|Teachers||74 (2009-10) (on full-time equivalent (FTE) basis)|
|Student-teacher ratio||11.8 (2009-10)|
|Athletic conference||UIL Class 2A Football Division II|
|Colors||Red, White, Blue|
|TEA District Accountability Rating for 2011-12||Recognized|
The Alba-Golden Independent School District is a school district serving southeastern Rains and western Wood counties in eastern Texas (USA). The district serves the towns of Alba and Golden. It is a AA school. Its mascot is the panther.
As of the 2010-2011 school year, the appraised valuation of property in the district was $234,719,000. The maintenance tax rate was $0.104 and the bond tax rate was $0.004 per $100 of appraised valuation.
In 2011, the school district was rated "recognized" by the Texas Education Agency. Thirty-five percent of districts in Texas in 2011 received the same rating. No state accountability ratings will be given to districts in 2012. A school district in Texas can receive one of four possible rankings from the Texas Education Agency: Exemplary (the highest possible ranking), Recognized, Academically Acceptable, and Academically Unacceptable (the lowest possible ranking).
Historical district TEA accountability ratings
- 2011: Recognized
- 2010: Academically Acceptable
- 2009: Recognized
- 2008: Academically Acceptable
- 2007: Recognized
- 2006: Recognized
- 2005: Academically Acceptable
- 2004: Recognized
In the 2011-2012 school year, the district had students in three schools.
- Regular instructional
- Alba-Golden High School (Grades 6-12)
- Alba-Golden Elementary School (Grades PK-5)
- DAEP instructional
- Alternative School (Grades 7-12)
- "Texas School Directory 2012" (PDF). Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Alba-Golden ISD". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 27 March 2012.
- "UIL Alignments". University Interscholastic League. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "Alba-Golden High School". CBS Interactive. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "2011 Accountability Rating System". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 28 June 2012. Retrieved 11 July 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System Summary of Ratings for 2004 through 2011(as of November 2, 2011) District Ratings by Rating Category (including Charter Operators)". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 7 August 2012. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "Accountability Rating System for Texas Public Schools and Districts". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 24 August 2012. Retrieved 11 August 2012.