Albacora-Leste oil field

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Albacora-Leste Oil Field
Country Brazil
Region Campos Basin
Offshore/onshore offshore
Operator Petrobras
Field history
Discovery 1986
Start of production 1987
Production
Current production of oil 180,000 barrels per day (~9.0×10^6 t/a)
Estimated oil in place 72 million tonnes
(~ 84.9×10^6 m3 or 534 MMbbl)
Estimated gas in place 5.2×10^9 m3
183×10^9 cu ft

The Albacora-Leste Oil Field is an oil field located in Campos Basin. It was discovered in 1986 and developed by Petrobras. The oil field is operated by Petrobras, that owns 90% of the field, while Repsol owns the remaining 10%.[1] The total proven reserves of the Albacora-Leste oil field are around 534 million barrels (72×106tonnes), and production is centered on 180,000 barrels per day (29,000 m3/d).[2]

Geology[edit]

The Albacora field consists of a several producing horizons of Albian to Miocene sandstone turbidites, with an area of 235 km2.[3]:124 Reflection seismology in 1972 disclosed a faulted anticline and seismic amplitude bright spot, which was drilled by wildcat 1-RJS-297 in 1984 and discovered oil.[3]:126 The stratigraphy of the Campos Basin starts with the Lower Cretaceous Lago Feia Formation a source rock, followed by the Albian Macae Formation consisting of shallow water carbonates overlain by late Albian shales, marls, calcilutites, and turbidite sandstones.[3]:128 From this formation through most of the Cenozoic, the Campos Formation was deposited, consisting of deep water turbiditic sandstones and shales, the main producers in the Albacora and Marlim fields.[3]:129 Finally, the basin was filled by the Ubatuba Formation, consisting of slope and shelf deposits.[3]:129

References[edit]

  1. ^ Petrobras (2010). "Descoberta de indícios de petróleo no pré-sal em Albacora Leste". Retrieved January 28, 2014. 
  2. ^ "Repsol YPF 3rd Largest Oil Producer in Brazil 2006". lngplants.com. 2006. Retrieved 2013-06-09. 
  3. ^ a b c d e Candido, A., and Cora, C.A.G., 1992, The Marlim and Albacora Giant Fields, Campos Basin, Offshore Brazil, AAPG Memoir 54, Halbouty, M.T., editor, Tulsa: American Association of Petroleum Geologists, ISBN 0891813330