Albania–Holy See relations
The Albania–Holy See relations are foreign relations between Albania and the Holy See. The Holy See has an Apostolic Nunciature in Albania which represents diplomatically the Holy See. The representative is officially called Apostolic Nuncio to Albania and has an ambassador status. The office of the nunciature is located in Tirana.
The Apostolic Nunciature in Albania started as an apostolic delegation to Albania by Pope Benedict XV on 12 November 1920, and was elevated to the full rank of a nunciature by Pope John Paul II on 16 January 1991. The current Apostolic Nuncio to Albania is His Excellency Charles John Brown, who was appointed by Pope Francis on 9 March 2017.
List of Apostolic Delegates and Nuncios to Albania
- Ernesto Cozzi (1920 - 1926)
- Giovanni della Pietra, S.J. (1927 - 1940)
- Ildebrando Antoniutti (1936 - 1938)
- Ivan Dias (1991 - 1996)
- John Bulaitis (1997 - 2008)
- Ramiro Moliner Inglés (2008–2016)
- Charles John Brown (2017-present)