Albania–United Kingdom relations
|Embassy of Albania London||Embassy of Britain Tirana|
Albania – United Kingdom relations refer to the current and historical relations of Albania and United Kingdom. Albania has an embassy in London, and the United Kingdom has an embassy in Tirana. Diplomatic relations were established first in 1922, interrupted in 1939 for 51 years, to be re-established in 29 May 1991.
The Embassy of the United Kingdom to Albania is situated on the Rruga Skenderbeg in Tirana. Duncan Norman is the ambassador. The Embassy of Albania to the United Kingdom is situated on St. George's Drive in the City of Westminster in London.
|Area||28,748 km2||242,495 km2|
|Capital||Tirana – 811,649||London – 13,879,757|
|Government||Unitary parliamentary constitutional republic||Unitary parliamentary constitutional monarchy|
|Main religions||56.70% Islam; 10.02% Catholicism, 6.75% Eastern Orthodoxy; 0.14% Evangelism; 2,5 Atheism; 2,09 Bektashi; 16,30 Other; 5,50% Without domination||59.3% Protestantism Christianity, Roman Catholicism, 25.1% Non-Religious, 7.2% Unstated, 4.8% Islam, 1.5% Hinduism, 0.8% Sikhism, 0.5% Judaism, 0.4% Buddhism|
|Currency||Albanian lek – ALL||British pound – GBP|
|GDP (PPP)||$36,198 billion; $11,840 per capita||$2,905,392 billion; $42,481 per capita|
|GDP (nominal)||$12,126 billion, $4,203 per capita||$2,629,188 billion, $40,096 per capita|
|Guest||Host||Place of visit||Date of visit|
|Foreign Minister Lulzim Basha||Foreign Secretary David Miliband||London||February 12, 2008|
|Foreign Secretary Philip Hammond||Prime Minister Edi Rama||Tirana||November 18, 2015|
The militaries of Albania and the United Kingdom have cooperated on numerous occasions, including military exercises in 2013 and 2014. The 2013 Albanian Lion exercise involved nearly 1000 Royal Marines and the HMS Bulwark.  The 2014 Albanian Lion exercise saw 600 Royal Marines visit Albania.
In 2016, around 1500 military personnel from the United Kingdom joined Albanian forces for Exercise Albanian Lion.
|Agreement for the Promotion and Protection of Investments, Co-operation in the Field of Tourism, Air Services and Education, Science and Culture|
|Agreement on the Readmission of Persons, with Protocol|
|Agreement on the Transfer of Sentenced Persons and for the Avoidance of Double Taxation and the Prevention of Fiscal Evasion with respect to Taxes on Income and on Capital|
- Foreign relations of Albania
- Foreign relations of the United Kingdom
- Albanians in the United Kingdom
- "UK supports Albania in EU, but the reforms should be irreversible". gov.uk. 6 October 2015.
- "Albania, Tirana, British Embassy". FCO. Archived from the original on 14 September 2008. Retrieved 2008-08-27.
- "Albania – United Kingdom, excellent relationship". kryeministria.al. 18 November 2015.
- "Royal Marines begin exercise Albanian Lion". UK Ministry of Defence. 28 August 2013. Retrieved 14 May 2016.
- "Royal Marines launch final assualt [sic] on exercise Albanian Lion". UK Ministry of Defence. 17 September 2014. Retrieved 14 May 2016.
- "1,500 UK maritime forces take part in exercise with Albania". royalnavy.mod.uk. 10 October 2016.
- "Bilateral Relations". ambasadat.gov.al.
|This article about foreign relations is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Albania-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This United Kingdom-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|