From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Albania, Albánia, Albània, Albânia, or Albanía in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Albania is an independent state on the Balkan Peninsula in south-eastern Europe.
Albania may also refer to :
- Kingdom of Albania, Albanian-Angevin kingdom established in 1272
- Albania Veneta, Venetian possessions in southern the coastal area of what is now northern Albania and the coast of Montenegro.
- Sanjak of Albania, a subdivision of the Rumelia Eyalet of Ottoman Empire in period 1385–1466
- Albanian Vilayet, a vilayet of the Ottoman Empire projected in 1912 in the western Balkan Peninsula
- Independent Albania, former unrecognized country established in 1912 comprising the territories of Kosovo Vilayet, Monastir Vilayet, Shkodër Vilayet and Janina Vilayet
- Republic of Central Albania, a short-lived unrecognized state established on October 16, 1913 with its administrative centre in Durrës, today in Albania
- Principality of Albania, 1913-25, locally called a kingdom
- Albanian Republic, a 1925–1928 republic in Albania which was a de facto protectorate of the Kingdom of Italy
- Albanian Kingdom, was the constitutional monarchical rule in Albania between 1928 and 1939 which was a de facto protectorate of the Kingdom of Italy
- Albanian Kingdom (1939–43), a protectorate of the Kingdom of Italy
- Albanian Kingdom (1943–44), a puppet state of Nazi Germany
- People's Socialist Republic of Albania, the official name of Albania from 1946 until 1991
- Albania (toponym), a toponym which may indicate several different geographical regions
- Caucasian Albania (or Arran), a historical territory in the southern Caucasus with borders roughly corresponding to those of modern Azerbaijan
- Albania (satrapy), the same area within the Iranian Sassanid Empire
- A medieval Latinised variant of Alba, the old Gaelic name for Scotland or Great Britain
- A form of the Celtic name for Scotland, usually rendered as Alba or Albany.
- Alternative name or the Albanian town and former bishopric of Arbanum
- All pages with a title containing Albania
- Alba (disambiguation)
- Albany (disambiguation)
- Albanian (disambiguation)
- Albani people, an ancient tribe living in Italy
- Alban Hills, ancient Latin Albanus Mons, a region near Rome, Italy
|This disambiguation page lists articles about distinct geographical locations with the same name.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.