Grave of C.F. Gauß at Albanifriedhof
Albanifriedhof is a cemetery in Göttingen, Germany just outside the city wall to the southeast. It is most famous as the final resting place of Carl Friedrich Gauss.The cemetery is named after St. Albani Evangelical Lutheran Church in Göttingen.
- Johann Carl Friedrich Gauss (1777–1855), German mathematician and scientist
- Johann Friedrich Gmelin (1748-1804), German naturalist, botanist, entomologist and malacologist
- Johann Friedrich Herbart (1776-1841), German philosopher, psychologist, and founder of pedagogy as an academic discipline
- Otto Jahn (1813-1869), German archaeologist, philologist, and writer on art and music
- Rudolf Hermann Lotze (1817-1881), was a German philosopher and logician
Coordinates: 51°31′55″N 9°56′31″E / 51.5319°N 9.9419°E