Albany Great Danes baseball
|Albany Great Danes|
|University||University at Albany|
|Head coach||Jon Mueller (16th year)|
|Home stadium||Varsity Field (Albany baseball)|
|Colors||Purple and Gold
|NCAA Tournament appearances|
|Conference tournament champions|
- For information on all University at Albany sports, see Albany Great Danes
The Albany Great Danes baseball team is a varsity intercollegiate athletic team of the University at Albany in Albany, New York, United States. The team is a member of the America East Conference, which is part of the National Collegiate Athletic Association's Division I. It plays home games at Varsity Field on the university's campus in Albany, New York. The Great Danes are coached by Jon Mueller.
It played its first season in Division I in 2000, also hiring head coach Jon Mueller that year. After competing as an independent in 2000 and in the New York State Baseball Conference in 2001, it played its first season in the America East in 2002. In 2004, the Great Danes set a program record with 37 wins and reached their first Division I postseason, going 1-2 at that season's America East Tournament. In 2007, the team won the AEC Tournament as the third seed to reach its first NCAA Tournament at any level. As the fourth seed at the Fayetteville Regional, Albany went 0-2, losing 9-0 to host Arkansas and 21-11 to second seed Creighton.
|NYSIAC/SUNYAC[a] – College/DIII (1959–1995)|
|New England Collegiate Conference – DII (1996–1999)|
|1999||Doug O'Brey||21-21||ECAC Tournament|
|Independent – DI (2000)|
|New York State Baseball Conference (2001)|
|America East Conference (2002–present)|
|2004||Jon Mueller||37-14||14-7||t-2nd||America East Tournament|
|2006||Jon Mueller||20-32||12-10||4th||America East Tournament|
|2007||Jon Mueller||29-29||13-11||3rd||NCAA Regional|
|2009||Jon Mueller||26-31-1||15-9||2nd||America East Tournament|
|2010||Jon Mueller||13-40||10-14||4th||America East Tournament|
|2011||Jon Mueller||21-31||11-11||4th||America East Tournament|
|2012||Jon Mueller||22-32-1||16-8||2nd||America East Tournament|
|2013||Jon Mueller||23-25||16-14||3rd||America East Tournament|
|2015||Jon Mueller||14-28||7-13||6th (7)|
National champion Postseason invitational champion
In the Division I years that constitute Mueller's tenure, six Great Danes have been selected in the Major League Baseball Draft. The school's only other selection was Michael Kenney, taken in the 9th round by the San Francisco Giants in 1974.
- The SUNYAC was known as the New York State Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (NYSIAC) from 1959–1963.
- Records unavailable.
- "Albany Great Danes". d1baseball.com. Retrieved 2013-03-24.
- "Creighton Hammers Albany". Lincoln Journal Star. Associated Press. June 1, 2007. Archived from the original on June 30, 2014. Retrieved June 30, 2014.
- "Annual Conference Standings". BoydsWorld.com. Boyd Nation. Archived from the original on May 17, 2013. Retrieved May 17, 2013.
- "2013 America East Conference Baseball Record Book" (PDF). AmericaEast.com. America East Conference. Archived (PDF) from the original on May 17, 2013. Retrieved May 17, 2013.
- "2014 Albany Baseball Media Guide". Albany Sports Information. Archived from the original on June 29, 2014. Retrieved June 29, 2014.
- "History: Celebrating 55 Years of Athletic Excellence". SUNYAC.com. Archived from the original on June 29, 2014. Retrieved June 29, 2014.
- DePasquale, Brian. "Mueller Named Baseball Coach". Albany.edu. Archived from the original on July 23, 2014. Retrieved Jule 23, 2014. Check date values in:
- "MLB Amateur Draft Picks Who Came from "Albany"". Baseball-Reference.com. Archived from the original on June 30, 2014. Retrieved June 30, 2014.