Albany Park railway station
|Local authority||London Borough of Bexley|
|Number of platforms||2|
|National Rail annual entry and exit|
|7 March 1935||Opened|
| London transport portal|
UK Railways portal
Albany Park railway station is in the London Borough of Bexley in south-east London (Travelcard Zone 5). It is 12 miles 68 chains (20.7 km) down the line from London Charing Cross. The station and all trains serving it are operated by Southeastern.
From platform one trains run westbound to London Charing Cross twice an hour, and during the daytime, Monday to Saturday, to London Cannon Street.
From platform two trains from the station run eastbound towards Dartford continuing to Gravesend twice per hour (or Strood, Rochester or Gillingham during peak times) and to London Cannon Street via Greenwich twice an hour during the daytime, Monday to Saturday.
The station was opened by the Southern Railway on 7 March 1935 following housing development in the area. The station passed on to the Southern Region of British Railways on nationalisation in 1948.
The station had a very small one storey signal box at the Dartford end of the up platform which closed in November 1970. No goods yard or freight facilities were ever provided.
The station is located in Steynton Avenue near a small parade of shops in a largely residential area. The station building is at street level with steps down to the platforms as the line is in a cutting. There is no actual park called Albany Park, although there is nearby pub The Albany Hotel also built in the 1930s.
The typical off-peak service pattern is:
- 2tph (trains per hour) to London Cannon Street, calling at Sidcup, New Eltham, Mottingham, Lee, Hither Green, Lewisham, St Johns, New Cross and London Bridge
- 2tph to London Charing Cross, calling at Sidcup, New Eltham, Mottingham, Lee, Hither Green and Waterloo East
- 2tph to Deptford, calling at Bexley, Crayford, Slade Green, Erith, Belvedere, Abbey Wood, Plumstead, Woolwich Arsenal, Woolwich Dockyard, Charlton, Westcombe Park, Maze Hill and Greenwich
- 2tph to Dartford, calling at Bexley and Crayford.
On Sundays the Charing Cross to Dartford service extends to Gravesend
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
and Sidcup Lines
London Buses route B14 serve the station.
- Butt, R. V. J. (1995). The Directory of Railway Stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 978-1-85260-508-7. OCLC 60251199.
- Jowett, Alan (March 1989). Jowett's Railway Atlas of Great Britain and Ireland: From Pre-Grouping to the Present Day (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 978-1-85260-086-0. OCLC 22311137.
- Jowett, Alan (2000). Jowett's Nationalised Railway Atlas (1st ed.). Penryn, Cornwall: Atlantic Transport Publishers. ISBN 978-0-906899-99-1. OCLC 228266687.
- Station on navigable O.S. map
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Albany Park railway station.|