Albany Unified School District
Beginning in 2002-2003 the school district established an open door policy allowing non-Albany residents to attend Albany USD schools. By 2007 the district had so many new in-district students that it began to put limitations on out of district transfers.
UC Village, a University of California Berkeley family housing unit, is within the Albany USD. Around 2007 some housing units at UC Village were replaced, leading to a surge in enrollment among the district's school population.
- Albany Children's Center (Preschool)
- Cornell Elementary School (TK-5th)
- Marin Elementary School (K-5th)
- Ocean View Elementary School (K-5th)
- Albany Middle School (6th-8th)
- Albany High School (9th-12th)
- Albany Adult School
Before the addition of Ocean View in 1999, the district also included the two sister schools Vista and MacGregor, which were both K-2, and were closed down in 1999. The schools, although separate and located far from each other, were known collectively as Vista-MacGregor Elementary School.
- Superintendent: Dr. Frank Wells
- Asst. Superintendent, Business Services: Laurie Harden
- Location: 1051 Monroe Street
- Marin Elementary: Melisa Pfohl
- Cornell Elementary: Elizabeth Reimuller
- Ocean View Elementary: Terry Georgeson
- Albany Middle: Deborah Brill
- Albany High: Darren McNally
- MacGregor High: Darren McNally
- Albany Adult School: Deborah Brill
- "Crowded classrooms, closed classrooms, After inviting nonresidents in recent years, Albany school district turns strict Archived 2016-03-05 at the Wayback Machine." El Cerrito Journal (Contra Costa Times) June 8, 2007. A1. Retrieved on October 3, 2011.
- Albany Unified School District website
- Ocean View PTA
- Moving to Albany for the Schools, Berkeley Parents Network