Albert Charles Smith
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Albert Charles Smith|
|Born||April 5, 1906|
|Died||May 23, 1999(aged 93)|
|Institutions||National Museum of Natural History
American Society of Plant Taxonomists
United States National Academy of Sciences
Smith was elected to membership in the United States National Academy of Sciences in 1963, and was a distinguished botanist who specialized in Pteridophytes and Spermatophytes. He worked in the United States and Fiji.
- "Notes and News", Brittonia, Vol. 11, No. 4 (Oct. 26, 1959), pp. vi-viii
-  National Academy of Sciences directory listing. Retrieved July 23, 2008
-  Harvard University Index of Botanists. Retrieved July 23, 2008
- "Author Query for 'A.C.Sm.'". International Plant Names Index.
- Smith, Albert Charles, Kew Gardens
- Wagner, W. L. and D. H. Lorence. (2001) "Albert Charles Smith (1906-1999): a monumental botanist." Allertonia 8: 329-339.
|This article about an American botanist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|