Lobby card for 7th Heaven (1927) with Gran standing at left
August 4, 1862|
December 16, 1932 (aged 70)|
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
Albert Gran (August 4, 1862 – December 16, 1932) was a Norwegian-born American stage and film actor. He is most associated with his appearance in drama and light comedy films.
Albert Gran was born in Bergen, Norway. He was the son of Albert Nicolai Gran (1838-1915) and Auguste Schwarting (1844-1910). He emigrated to the United States during 1914. Gran launched his screen career in 1916. He appeared as a character actor in 44 films between 1916 and 1933. He was seen as Duke Travina with Marion Davies in Beverly of Graustark (1926), as Paul Boul with Janet Gaynor in Seventh Heaven (1927), and as B. Bickering Brown with Joan Crawford in Our Modern Maidens (1929). Albert Gran died in Los Angeles, California in an automobile accident at the age of 70 prior to the release of his final film.
- Out of the Drifts (1916)
- Caprice of the Mountains (1916)
- Civilian Clothes (1920)
- Tarnish (1924)
- Graustark (1925)
- Beverly of Graustark (1926)
- Seventh Heaven (1927)
- Breakfast at Sunrise (1927)
- The Blue Danube (1928)
- Mother Knows Best (1928) Fox's first full talkie
- Dry Martini (1928)
- Geraldine (1929)
- Gold Diggers of Broadway (1929)
- Our Modern Maidens (1929)
- Tanned Legs (1929)
- The Little Accident (1930)
- The Brat (1931)
- Command Performance (1931)
- Beauty Parlor (1932)
- Employees' Entrance (1932) (Gran died in an auto accident before the film was finished and released)
- Hans J. Wollstein (1994). Strangers in Hollywood: the History of Scandinavian Actors in American Films from 1910 to World War II. Scarecrow Press. pp. 125–7. ISBN 978-0-8108-2938-1. Retrieved July 26, 2010.
- "1900-telling for 1301 Bergen". Digitalarkivet. January 23, 1998. Archived from the original on September 30, 2015. Retrieved August 19, 2015.
- "Emigrantar over Bergen frå Utlandet". Digitalarkivet. January 23, 1998. Archived from the original on September 30, 2015. Retrieved August 19, 2015.
|This article about a United States film actor or actress born in the 1860s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|