Albert Hall, Llandrindod Wells
The Albert Hall is a theatre in Llandrindod Wells in Powys, Wales. It is a period Victorian building, built when Llandrindod boomed as a spa town, which has retained most of its original features. It hosts a thriving amateur dramatics society, Llandrindod Wells Theatre Company. Work on a major restoration project started in June 2007.
Events include (dates may be subject to change) -
- January - Pantomime season by the Local Theatre Company.
- February - Young Farmers Entertainment.
- July to September - a Summer Season show, that features Upbeat Hits and Old Time Classics. The show is usually on a Thursday evening and is performed by the Local Theatre Group. Most of the audience is drawn from tourists staying at local hotels, where the show is advertised by the hoteliers.
- August - A couple of Victorian-themed productions during Llandrindod's Victorian Festival.
- October - The Halls annual Talent Night featuring, many talents from the area.
- December - An Annual Christmas Singalong with Various Acts and then a Jolly Sing Song at the end.
Other events are held every now and then including -
- Spring Cleaning
- Ghost Hunts
- One off Performances
The Hall has also put on two shows of its own which were:
|This British theatre–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Welsh building or structure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|