Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Born||1953/1954 (age 66–67)|
|Alma mater||University of Southern California (BFA)|
|Occupation||Film director, Screenwriter, Film editor|
Albert Magnoli (born c. 1954) is an American film director, screenwriter and editor best known for helming the films Purple Rain, Tango & Cash, Street Knight, and American Anthem, and as editor of Reckless.
- 1981 : Jazz (short film)
- 1984 : Reckless (editor)
- 1984 : Purple Rain
- 1986 : American Anthem
- 1987 : Sign o' the Times (additional footage, uncredited)
- 1989 : Batdance (music video for Prince)
- 1989 : Partyman (music video for Prince)
- 1993 : Street Knight
- 1993 : Born to Run' (TV Movie)
- 1997 : Dark Planet (1997)
- 1997 : Nash Bridges season 2, episode 23 Deliverance
- The San Bernardino County Sun: July 16, 1984. Quote: "It also marks the first time 30-year-old Magnoli was ever asked to direct".
- "Stallone Film Caught in Sony-Warner Battle". Los Angeles Times. November 1, 1989.
- "Albert Magnoli". Movies & TV Dept. The New York Times. Baseline & All Movie Guide. 2014. Archived from the original on December 15, 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Prince Goes Batty". Los Angeles Times. May 28, 1989.
- "Noted Directors' Student Films Will Be Featured In USC Benefit". Los Angeles Times. October 5, 1987.
- "Purple Rain 30th Anniversary Interview: Albert Magnoli". Biography.com.
- Chow, Andrew R. (December 11, 2019). "See the 25 New Additions to the National Film Registry, From Purple Rain to Clerks". Time. New York, NY. Retrieved December 11, 2019.