McClellan during Ravens practice at Navy–Marine Corps Memorial Stadium, August 2012
|No. 57 – Jacksonville Jaguars|
|Born:||June 4, 1986|
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||235 lb (107 kg)|
|High school:||Lakeland (FL) Kathleen|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2018|
Albert Jamal McClellan (born June 4, 1986) is an American football inside linebacker who is currently a free agent. He played college football at Marshall University from 2005 to 2009, and was signed by the Baltimore Ravens as an undrafted free agent after the 2010 NFL Draft.
McClellan played college football for Marshall. While there he was a three-time All-Conference USA selection, as well as the C-USA Defensive Player of the Year in 2006. He redshirted in 2007 after suffering a torn anterior cruciate ligament in pre-season, an injury that sidelined him for the year.
|Height||Weight||Arm length||Hand size||40-yard dash||10-yard split||20-yard split||20-yard shuttle||Three-cone drill||Vertical jump||Broad jump||Bench press|
|6 ft 1 in
|9 3⁄4 in
|4.75 s||1.65 s||2.73 s||4.21 s||7.24 s||36 1⁄2 in
|9 ft 11 in
|All values from NFL Combine|
McClellan was signed by the Baltimore Ravens as an undrafted free agent after the 2010 NFL Draft. McClellan played as the fourth string middle linebacker (Behind Ray Lewis, Jameel McClain, and Dannell Ellerbe). He did not play at all in the 2010 season, but saw limited time the next year. With an injury to Terrell Suggs and the departure of Jarret Johnson to free agency in 2012, McClellan had a chance to compete for a starting outside linebacker spot with Paul Kruger, Courtney Upshaw, and Sergio Kindle. Upshaw appeared to have the edge for most of training camp, but in the third preseason game, McClellan got the start. He would start 11 games during the season, and would record 49 tackles and a sack, both career highs. The Ravens did go on to win Super Bowl XLVII after they beat the San Francisco 49ers 34-31.
On March 9, 2014, McClellan signed a new two-year contract to remain with the Ravens.
McClellan signed a three-year extension to remain with Baltimore on March 1, 2016.
New England Patriots
On November 6, 2018, McClellan was signed by the New England Patriots. In Week 14, McClellan blocked two punts on Dolphins punter Matt Haack. In the Divisional round of the playoffs against the Los Angeles Chargers, McClellan recovered a fumble off a muffed punt. The Patriots went on to win Super Bowl LIII 13-3 against the Los Angeles Rams to give McClellan his second Super Bowl title.
New York Jets
On August 17, 2019, McClellan was signed by the New York Jets. He was released on September 1, 2019, but was re-signed the next day. He was placed on injured reserve on October 30, 2019 with a concussion.
- "ESPN Profile". ESPN.com.
- Albert McClellan-Rivals.com Retrieved August 15, 2012.
- Woodrum, Woody (August 10, 2007), "Albert McClellan To Have Surgery, Out For '07", Herd Insider magazine, archived from the original on July 16, 2011, retrieved May 20, 2010.
- Wilson, Aaron. "Ravens agree to two-year deal with linebacker Albert McClellan, sources say". Baltimoresun.com. Retrieved March 9, 2014.
- "Ravens, Albert McClellan agree to terms on three-year deal". BaltimoreSun.com. March 1, 2016. Retrieved August 25, 2018.
- Mink, Ryan (August 28, 2017). "Albert McClellan Out For The Year With Torn ACL". BaltimoreRavens.com.
- Mink, Ryan (September 1, 2017). "Ravens Announce 24 Roster Moves, Have 13 More To Make". BaltimoreRavens.com. Archived from the original on January 18, 2018.
- Mink, Ryan (September 1, 2018). "Ravens Make Final Cuts to 53 Players". BaltimoreRavens.com.
- "Ravens Re-Sign Veteran LB Albert McClellan, Place CB Maurice Canady on IR". BaltimoreRavens.com. September 17, 2018.
- "Ravens release LB Albert McClellan to make room for Ty Montgomery". Ravens Wire. USA Today. October 30, 2018.
- "Patriots Make a Series of Roster Moves". Patriots.com. November 6, 2018.
- Price, Chris. "#StayCovered Defensive Play of the Game – Albert McClellan's fumble recovery". Retrieved January 14, 2019.
- Wells, MacGregor. "Jets Sign LB Albert McClellan". ganggreennation.com. Retrieved August 18, 2019.
- Alper, Josh. "Jets release Albert McClellan". ProFootballTalk.NBCSports.com. Retrieved September 1, 2019.
- Wells, MacGregor. "Jets Re-sign LB Albert McClellan, Place OL Brent Qvale On Injured Reserve". ganggreennation.com. Retrieved September 3, 2019.
- "Jets Sign LB B.J. Bello, Place LB Albert McClellan on Injured Reserve". NewYorkJets.com. October 30, 2019.
Media related to Albert McClellan at Wikimedia Commons