Albert Pinto Ko Gussa Kyoon Aata Hai
|Albert Pinto Ko Gussa Kyoon Aata Hai|
|Directed by||Saeed Akhtar Mirza|
|Produced by||Saeed Akhtar Mirza|
|Story by||Saeed Akhtar Mirza|
|Music by||Bhaskar Chandavarkar
|Edited by||Renu Saluja|
Albert Pinto Ko Gussa Kyoon Aata Hai (English: Why does Albert Pinto get Angry?) is an 1980 Bollywood film directed by Saeed Akhtar Mirza based on his own story. The film starred Naseeruddin Shah, Shabana Azmi and Smita Patil as leads.
The film captures the angst of a worker, in Mumbai exemplified by a young Christian car mechanic, Albert Pinto (Naseeruddin Shah) who is under the illusion that if he works hard and emulates the rich, one day he can also be successful. He makes friendly relations with his customers, who are usually the rich of the city and who keep telling him that good workers do not go on strike. Strikes are the handiwork of lumpen elements. Pinto gets angry with the supposedly wrong attitudes of the workers who he assumes go on strike under any pretext. However, when Pinto's father, who is a mill worker is abused by the lumpen elements hired by the mill owners, he realizes that it is not the workers but the capitalists who should be blamed for the plight of the workers. He also realizes the legitimacy of strikes. Towards the end of the movie, Pinto still remains an angry man; but now his anger is directed against the capitalists, not the striking workers.
- Naseeruddin Shah as Albert Pinto
- Shabana Azmi as Stella D'Costa
- Smita Patil as Joan Pinto
- Dilip Dhawan as Dominic Pinto
- Sulabha Deshpande as Mrs. Pinto, Albert's mother
- Arvind Deshpandeas Mr. Pinto, Albert's father
- Rohini Hattangadi as Vivek's wife
- Achyut Potdar as Chandumal Potdar (mill owner)
- Mushtaq Khan as The Lecherous Shopper tying to flirt with 'Joan Pinto' (Smita Patil)
- Anjali Paigankar
- Shyam Gupta as Madhu (mechanic)
- Satish Shah
- Avtar Gill
- Utpal Dutt
- Naresh Suri
- Nitin Sethi
- Motu Upadhyaya
- Roshan Tanuja
- Muhafiz Haider
- Jaidev Hattangadi
- Assistant script writer: Sudhir Mishra
- Assistant Director: Ajay Mishra
- Costume Design: Jennifer Mirza, Kundan Shah
Awards and Nominations
|1981||Saeed Akhtar Mirza||Filmfare Critics Award for Best Movie||Won|
- Albert Pinto Ko Gussa Kyon Ata Hai Bollywood Hungama.
- Albert Pinto Ko Gussa Kyon Ata Hai:Overview New York Times.
- Albert Pinto Ko Gussa Kyon Ata Hai Film.com.
- Albert Pinto Ko Gussa Kyon Aata Hai (1980) Yahoo! Movies. Archived 16 October 2008 at the Wayback Machine.
- Awards IMDB.
- Anglo-Indians in Indian cinema Screen (magazine), 10 October 2009.