|Full name||Albert Serrán Polo|
|Date of birth||17 July 1984|
|Place of birth||Barcelona, Spain|
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|2005||→ Cartagena (loan)||4||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 21 May 2017.
Born in Barcelona, Catalonia, Serrán was a product of RCD Espanyol's youth system. He appeared in three La Liga games with the team, his debut coming on 11 March 2007 in a 1–1 away draw against Racing de Santander; during his tenure at the Estadi Cornellà-El Prat, however, he was mainly registered with the B-side.
Deemed surplus to requirements following Tintín Márquez's appointment to the managerial post at the Estadi Olímpic Lluís Companys, Serrán signed a three-year contract with Swansea City in the Football League Championship, with teammate Jordi Gómez also making the move on a loan deal. The link contained a buy-back clause that allowed Espanyol to re-sign the player at a later date, but it was later revealed that such clause did not exist; however, the Pericos retained the first option should the Welsh club wish to sell in future.
Serrán was released by Swansea at the end of the 2010–11 season, which ended in Premier League promotion. He joined AEK Larnaca F.C. in Cyprus shortly after, having already reached an agreement with the team in May.
After five years abroad, Serrán returned to Spain and signed for AD Alcorcón in Segunda División. Subsequently, he moved back to the Cypriot First Division, first with Anorthosis Famagusta FC then former club AEK.
On 17 June 2017, Serrán began negociations with Albanian Superliga champions FK Kukësi. He was presented three days later as a replacement for Albi Alla, penning a one-year deal with an option of a further one worth €60.000 which made him one of the highest-paid players in Albanian football history. His contract also included a clause in which the club would find a school for his six-year-old daughter, and he spoke of the "dream of playing in the UEFA Champions League" during his presentation; on 20 July, however, he was released by mutual consent alleging personal problems.
- As of 19 October 2015
|Espanyol B||2001–02||Segunda División B||1||0||—||—||1||0|
|2002–03||Segunda División B||4||0||—||—||4||0|
|2003–04||Segunda División B||16||1||—||—||16||1|
|2004–05||Segunda División B||22||1||—||—||22||1|
|2006–07||Segunda División B||25||0||—||—||25||0|
|2007–08||Segunda División B||22||0||—||—||22||0|
|Cartagena (loan)||2005–06||Segunda División B||4||0||0||0||—||4||0|
|AEK Larnaca||2011–12||Cypriot First Division||13||0||6||1||4[b]||0||23||1|
|2012–13||Cypriot First Division||19||1||5||0||—||24||1|
|Anorthosis||2014–15||Cypriot First Division||12||1||2||0||—||14||1|
|AEK Larnaca||2015–16||Cypriot First Division||6||0||0||0||—||6||0|
- Appearance in Promotion Play-offs
- Appearances in UEFA Europa League
- "El Espanyol frena la racha del Racing" [Espanyol halt Racing's streak] (in Spanish). El Mundo. 11 March 2007. Retrieved 1 May 2016.
- "Swans sign Serran in £80,000 deal". BBC Sport. 1 July 2008. Retrieved 23 September 2009.
- "On Quality Street". South Wales Evening Post. 27 June 2008. Retrieved 27 June 2008.
- ΑΝΑΚΟΙΝΩΣΕ ΑΛΜΠΕΡΤ ΣΕΡΑΝ (ΦΙΛΑΝΘΡΩΠΙΚΟ ΤΟΥΡΝΟΥΑ) (Albert Serrán announced (charity tournament)); Kerkida, 6 May 2011 (in Greek)
- Albert Serrán se convierte en el quinto refuerzo del Alcorcón (Albert Serrán becomes Alcorcón's fifth addition); Marca, 22 July 2013 (in Spanish)
- ΥΠΕΓΡΑΨΕ Ο SERRAN POLO (ΟΙ ΠΡΩΤΕΣ ΤΟΥ ΔΗΛΩΣΕΙΣ) (Serrán Polo signed (presentation)); AEK Larnaca, 8 August 2015 (in Greek)
- "EKSKLUZIVE/ Kukësi i pret biletën, mbrojtësi spanjoll vjen të hënën në Tiranë" [EXCLUSIVE/ Kukësi pays the ticket, Spaniard defender arrives in Tirana on Monday] (in Albanian). Panorama Sport. 17 June 2017. Retrieved 20 June 2017.
- "Ekskluzive / Një mbrojtës spanjoll zëvendëson Albi Allën te Kukësi, klubi ofertë zyrtare edhe Karabecit" [Exclusive / Spanish defender replaces Albi Alla at Kukësi, club makes official offer to Karabeci] (in Albanian). Panorama Sport. 17 June 2017. Retrieved 20 June 2017.
- "ZYRTARE/ Kukësi firmos edhe me spanjollin Serran" [OFFICIAL/ Kukësi sign Spaniard Serrán] (in Albanian). Sport Ekspres. 20 June 2017. Retrieved 20 June 2017.
- "Prapaskenat me mbrojtësin spanjoll të Kukësit, kërkoi shkollë për vajzën" [Behind the scenes with Kukësi's Spanish defender, who required a school for his daughter] (in Albanian). Panorama Sport. 19 June 2017. Retrieved 20 June 2017.
- "Spanjolli Serran: Te Kukësi më solli Liga e Kampionëve, e kisha ëndërr që fëmijë" [Spaniard Serrán: Champions League brought me at Kukësi, it was my childhood dream] (in Albanian). Panorama Sport. 20 June 2017. Retrieved 20 June 2017.
- "Mbyllet aventura e Albert Serran, spanjolli prish kontratën me Kukësin" [End of adventure for Albert Serran, Spaniard breaks contract with Kukësi] (in Albanian). Panorama Sport. 20 July 2017. Retrieved 20 July 2017.
- "Serrán: Albert Serrán Polo". BDFutbol. Retrieved 31 March 2015.
- "Matches played by Albert Serran in 2008/09". Soccerbase. Retrieved 31 March 2015.
- "Matches played by Albert Serran in 2009/10". Soccerbase. Retrieved 31 March 2015.
- "Matches played by Albert Serran in 2010/11". Soccerbase. Retrieved 31 March 2015.
- "Albert Serrán". Soccerway. Retrieved 31 March 2015.