Alberta-British Columbia Senior League
The Alberta-British Columbia Senior League is a defunct senior men's ice hockey league that operated for the 1941-42 season.
The West Kootenay League was a senior level hockey league that operated from 1922-23 through 1940-41; and the Alberta Senior Hockey League was a senior level league that operated between 1936 and 1941. Both leagues suspended their operations after the 1940-41 season due to World War II.
For the 1941-42 season, four teams from the two leagues (along with the upstart Red Deer Buffalos), merged to form the Alberta-British Columbia Senior League. Due to the pressures of the war, the league lasted just one season.
|Lethbridge Maple Leafs||32||16||13||3||35||122||103||n/a|
|Trail Smoke Eaters||32||14||15||3||31||140||122||n/a|
|Red Deer Buffalos||32||7||25||0||14||89||166||n/a|
- Marty Burke (Calgary Stampeders)
- Riley "Moon" Mullen (Lethbridge Maple Leafs)
- Ken Campbell (Kimberley Dynamiters)
- Roy Bentley (Trail Smoke Eaters)
- Frank Coulson (Red Deer Buffalos)
In the "Best of 5" semi-final series the Calgary Stampeders beat Trail Smoke Eaters 3 wins to none.
- Game 1: Calgary 8 Trail 3
- Game 2: Calgary 3 Trail 2
- Game 3: Calgary 5 Trail 1
In the "Best of 5" semi-final series Lethbridge Maple Leafs beat Kimberley Dynamiters 3 wins to none, 1 tie.
- Game 1: Lethbridge 2 Kimberley 2
- Game 2: Lethbridge 4 Kimberley 2
- Game 3: Lethbridge 4 Kimberley 1
- Game 4: Kimberley defaulted.
Note: Kimberley defaulted so that it could play in the 1941-42 British Columbia Senior Playoffs, which it did over Alberta's objections.
In the final series Lethbridge Maple Leafs beat the Calgary Stampeders 3 wins to 2, 1 tie. The Lethbridge Maple Leafs advanced to the 1941-42 Western Canada Allan Cup Playoffs.
- Game 1: Calgary 2 Lethbridge 1
- Game 2: Lethbridge 7 Calgary 6
- Game 3: Calgary 4 Lethbridge 2
- Game 4: Lethbridge 2 Calgary 1
- Game 5: Calgary 2 Lethbridge 2
- Game 6: Lethbridge 2 Calgary 1
|This ice hockey league article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|