Albertdina, May 2009
|Mill location||Markeweg 30, 7846 AH, Noord-Sleen|
|Base storeys||One-storey base|
|Smock sides||Eight sides|
|No. of sails||Four sails|
|Type of sails||Common sails|
|Winding||Tailpole and winch|
|No. of pairs of millstones||One pair|
|Size of millstones||1.40 metres (4 ft 7 in) diameter|
The windmill Concordia stood on this site from 1904 until it was burnt down in 1906. It had originally been built in Damsterdiep, Groningen in 1771 and moved to Noord-Sleen in 1904 To replace it, the 1851-built corn mill Molen van Grashuis was moved from Usquert, Groningen, to Noord-Sleen by millwright H Wiertsma of Scheemda, Groningen. The first miller was Mr Westerling. Nine windmills that he worked burnt down. Westerling took a mill at 't Haantje in 1909 and Albertdina was bought by J Ziengs. The mill was restored in 1953 by millwright Christiaan Bremer of Adorp, Groningen. Since 1976 the mill has been owned by the local council. During the 1970s, the mill had a pair of Patent sails and a pair of Common sails, but it now has four Common sails. The sails have been shortened due to a nearby building.
Albertdina is what the Dutch describe as an "achtkante grondzeiler". It is a three-storey smock mill on a single-storey brick base. There is no stage, the sails reaching almost to the ground. The smock and cap are thatched. The mill is winded by a tailpole and winch. The four Common sails have a span of 22.00 metres (72 ft 2 in) are carried in a cast-iron windshaft, which was cast by Prins van Oranje, Den Haag in 1906. The windshaft also carries the brake wheel, which has 65 cogs. The brake wheel drives the wallower (35 cogs) at the top of the upright shaft. At the bottom of the upright shaft the great spur wheel, which has 102 cogs, drives the 1.40 metres (4 ft 7 in) diameter French Burr millstones via lantern pinion stone nut which has 27 staves.
- Westerling 1906–09
- J Ziengs 1909–
Reference for above:-
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Albertdina.|
- "Technische gegevens" (in Dutch). De Hollandsche Molen. Retrieved 18 September 2009. (Click on "Technische gegevens" to view.)
- "Apollo / Molen van Grashuis, Usquert" (in Dutch). Molendatabase. Retrieved 18 September 2009.
- "Geschiedenis" (in Dutch). De Hollandsche Molen. Retrieved 18 September 2009. (Click on "Geschiedenis" to view.)
- "Nord-Sleen, Drenthe" (in Dutch). Molendatabase. Retrieved 18 September 2009.
- "Informatie" (in Dutch). De Hollandsche Molen. Retrieved 18 September 2009. (Click on "Informatie" to view.)
- "Molen Albertdina in Noord-Sleen" (in Dutch). Gemeente Coevorden. Archived from the original on 9 October 2006. Retrieved 18 September 2009.