Baillères was the recipient of the 2015 Medalla de Honor Belisario Domínguez
|Born||22 August 1931|
|Residence||Mexico City, Mexico|
|Education||Culver Military Academy|
|Alma mater||Instituto Tecnologico Autonomo de Mexico|
|Occupation||Owner, Peñoles and El Palacio de Hierro|
|Net worth||US$11 billion (February 2017)|
Alberto Baillères (born 22 August 1931) is a Mexican billionaire businessman. As of 2017[update], he has an estimated net worth of US $11 billion according to Forbes magazine. He is the chairman of Grupo BAL, and of ITAM.
He was born in Mexico City, the son of Raúl Baillères. Baillères attended Culver Military Academy, in Culver, Indiana, US. In 1953 he received a bachelor's degree in economics from Instituto Tecnologico Autonomo de Mexico (ITAM), in Mexico City.
He owns Grupo BAL, which controls a large number of other companies including Industrias Peñoles / Peñoles, the second most important Mexican mining company and the world's largest silver producer, El Palacio de Hierro, a chain of department stores mainly located in Mexico City, Grupo Nacional Provincial, the only entirely Mexican owned insurance company, Grupo Profuturo, a pensions and annuities business. He sits on the board of directors of Fresnillo plc.
He is also a head member of the board of ITAM, one of Mexico's top higher education centers and thinktank, and owner of other businesses related with financial services, agriculture and bullfighting. He is the owner of the 92m yacht Mayan Queen IV.
As of October 2012, Bloomberg lists Baillères as the 35th richest person in the world with an estimated net worth of US $19.3 billion.
- "Alberto Bailleres Gonzalez & family". Forbes. Retrieved 5 February 2017.
- "Bloomberg Billionaires Index". Bloomberg LP. Archived from the original on 14 December 2012.
- "Grupo BAL". Bal.com.mx. Retrieved 22 April 2017.
- "Bienvenido a" (in (in Spanish)). www.itam.mx. Retrieved 22 April 2017.
- "Alberto Baillères - Creating Emerging Markets - Harvard Business School". www.hbs.edu. Retrieved 9 August 2017.
- http://www.fresnilloplc.com/about/board/ Fresnillo Board biography]
|This Mexican business biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|