|No. 9 – Unicaja|
April 23, 1994|
|Listed height||1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|Listed weight||86 kg (190 lb)|
|NBA draft||2016 / Undrafted|
|2014||→ Bilbao Basket|
|2014–2015||→ Baloncesto Fuenlabrada|
|Career highlights and awards|
Alberto Díaz Ortiz (born April 23, 1994) is a Spanish professional basketball player who plays for Unicaja of the Liga ACB. At a height of 1.88 m (6'2") tall barefoot, and a weight of 86 kg (190 lbs.), he plays at the point guard position.
Díaz started his professional career at Clínicas Rincón, an affiliated team of Unicaja. He played simultaneously with both teams until March 2014, when he was loaned to Bilbao Basket, until the end of the 2013–14 season.
Finally, in the summer of 2015, he came back to Unicaja, and definitively took a role in the team in the 2015–16 season. In the 2016–17 season, Díaz won the European-wide 2nd-tier level EuroCup, with Unicaja, after beating Valencia Basket in the Finals. Along with winning the EuroCup trophy, Díaz was also named the EuroCup Finals MVP, after he averaged 7.3 points, 3.0 assists, and 1.3 steals, in 21.8 minutes per game, over the three game series.
- With Unicaja
- With Spain
- ALBERTO DIAZ HEIGHT W/O SHOES 6'2.0" HEIGHT W/ SHOES 6'3.0".
- Alberto Diaz Ht: 6-3 Wt: 190.
- "7DAYS EuroCup Finals, Game 3: Unicaja Malaga is the champion!". Eurocupbasketball.com. 5 April 2017. Retrieved 6 April 2017.
- "Alberto Diaz chosen MVP of EuroCup Finals". Eurocupbasketball.com. 5 April 2017. Retrieved 6 April 2017.
- DIAZ, ALBERTO EuroCup 2016-17 STATISTICS.
- "Mannheim 2012: España deslumbra al mundo (76-65), ¡CAMPEONES!" (in Spanish). Solobasket. 14 April 2012. Retrieved 5 February 2016.
- "La Sub-20 también es de plata" (in Spanish). As. 20 July 2014. Retrieved 5 February 2016.