Górriz in 1981
|Full name||Alberto Górriz Echarte|
|Date of birth||16 February 1958|
|Place of birth||Irun, Spain|
|Height||1.82 m (5 ft 11 1⁄2 in)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
A Real Sociedad youth graduate, Górriz was born in Irun, Gipuzkoa, and played solely for the Basque, making his first-team debut on 8 April 1979 in a 4–0 away win against Rayo Vallecano. From his third season – where Real won the La Liga title – onwards he was a defensive stalwart until the 1991–92 campaign, with 31 matches as his minimum output, often being partnered by Agustín Gajate who also only played for one professional club.
Górriz retired in June 1993 having appeared in 461 top flight matches (599 overall, club best), his last year also being the old Atotxa Stadium's last. With the Spanish national team he received 12 caps, and made his debut on 16 November 1988 at already 30, in a decisive 1990 FIFA World Cup qualifier against the Republic of Ireland, a 2–0 triumph in Seville.
- "0–4: La Real, orejas, rabo y salida a hombros" [0–4: Real, ears, tail and triumphant exit] (in Spanish). Mundo Deportivo. 9 April 1979. Retrieved 2 June 2014.
- "Italia... ¡Allá vamos!" [Italy... Here we go!] (in Spanish). Mundo Deportivo. 17 November 1988. Retrieved 2 June 2014.
- "¡España, campeona de grupo!" [Spain, group champion!] (in Spanish). Mundo Deportivo. 22 June 1990. Retrieved 1 June 2014.
- Alberto Górriz profile at BDFutbol
- National team data (Spanish)
- Alberto Górriz at National-Football-Teams.com