Alberto de Mendoza
|Alberto de Mendoza|
de Mendoza in The Forgotten Pistolero (1969)
21 January 1923|
Buenos Aires, Argentina
|Died||12 December 2011
|Years active||1945 - 2011|
Alberto Manuel Rodríguez-Gallego González de Mendoza (21 January 1923 – 12 December 2011) was an Argentine film actor who appeared in some 114 films between 1930 and 2005, spanning eight decades.
A lifelong figure in Argentine films, De Mendoza appeared in film such as Adán y la serpiente in 1946 and A hierro muere in 1962 often working alongside Olga Zubarry. In the late 1960s and 1970 he appeared in a number of spaghetti Westerns. and also had a prominent role in the 1973 horror classic Horror Express, in which he co-starred alongside Christopher Lee, Peter Cushing and Telly Savalas.
De Mendoza is better known to middle-age audiencies in Argentina from his role in the popular TV series El Rafa, aired from 1980 to 1982, or the less successful El Oriental, aired from 1982 to 1983. He died in Madrid on 12 December 2011, at age 88.
- 1948 - Story of a Bad Woman
- 1946 – Adán y la serpiente
- 1950 – The Marihuana Story
- 1951 – Pasó en mi barrio
- 1955 – La Mujer Desnuda
- 1958 – El Jefe directed by Fernando Ayala
- 1960 – El Asalto
- 1962 – A hierro muere
- 1964 – Primero yo
- 1965 - The Dictator's Guns
- 1969 - A Bullet for Sandoval
- 1969 - The Forgotten Pistolero
- 1970 - The Strange Vice of Mrs. Wardh
- 1971 – La Folie des grandeurs directed by Gérard Oury (as Charles II, King of Spain)
- 1972 – Horror Express (as Father Pujardov)
- 1978 – The Man Who Knew Love
- 1981 – The Underground Man
- 1984 - Noches sin lunas ni soles
- 2005 – Tapas
- 1980-1982 – El Rafa
- 1982 - El Oriental
- Actor Alberto de Mendoza died Perfil, 2011/12/12
- "Argentine actor Alberto de Mendoza dies at 88". BuenosAiresHerald.com. Retrieved 2011-12-12.
- "Argentine actor Alberto de Mendoza dies". Fox News. 12 December 2011.
|This article about an actor or actress from Argentina is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|