Alberto de Oliveira
|Alberto de Oliveira|
Antônio Mariano de Oliveira|
April 28, 1857
Saquarema, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
January 19, 1937 (aged 79)|
Niterói, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
|Occupation||Poet, professor, pharmacist|
Antônio Mariano de Oliveira (April 28, 1857 – January 19, 1937) was a Brazilian poet, pharmacist and professor. He is better known by his pen name Alberto de Oliveira.
He founded and occupied the 8th chair of the Brazilian Academy of Letters from 1897 until his death in 1937.
- Echevarría, Roberto Gonzalez; Pupo-Walker, Enrique (1996-09-19). The Cambridge History of Latin American Literature. Cambridge University Press. ISBN 9780521410359.
- Young, Richard; Cisneros, Odile (2010-12-18). Historical Dictionary of Latin American Literature and Theater. Scarecrow Press. ISBN 9780810874985.
- Jornal de Poesia bio (In Portuguese)
- Brazilian Embassy in Ottawa
- Fundamentos Modernos das Poesias de Alberto de Oliveira (doctoral thesis in Portuguese)
Cláudio Manuel da Costa (patron)
Brazilian Academy of Letters - Occupant of the 8th chair
1897 — 1937
|This article about a Brazilian poet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|