Ekdal in 2012
|Full name||Albin Ekdal|
|Date of birth||28 July 1989|
|Place of birth||Stockholm, Sweden|
|Height||1.86 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|2009–2010||→ Siena (loan)||26||(1)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 11 May 2015.
Albin Ekdal started his professional playing career with Brommapojkarna at the beginning of the 2007 Allsvenskan season. He played mainly as a right winger but also as an attacking midfielder or right midfielder.
On May 23, 2008, he signed an official four-year contract with Juventus F.C.. Ekdal turned down offers from other clubs including Chelsea and Inter when he was just 16 and 17 years old because his father, the journalist Lennart Ekdal, said he had to finish high school first. Ekdal made his Serie A debut on October 18, 2008 in the 1–2 defeat against Napoli when he came on as a substitute in the 75th minute, replacing Christian Poulsen.
On July 15, 2009 A.C. Siena signed Ekdal on loan from Juventus F.C. for a season. In his lone season with the club, Ekdal was very impressive, making 27 appearances with 1 goal, although this was not enough to save the club from relegation. He was called up to end season friendly tour in the US from Juventus and call-up to pre-season camp on 1 July.
On June 28, 2010 Juventus F.C. sold 50% of their shares in Ekdal to Bologna. Before each season the two clubs need to come to terms in what club he will play that season. He quickly established himself as a starter for the club.
He is the son of Lennart Ekdal, an award-winning Swedish journalist, TV personality and newscaster known for his work for the newspaper Dagens Nyheter and the financial magazine Veckans Affärer, as well as hosting TV shows such as Kalla fakta, Halvtid för Reinfeldt, Kvällsöppet med Ekdal & Hakelius and Hetluft. Ekdal is since his childhood a Djurgårdens IF supporter and could consider a move to the Stockholm-based club after his career abroad.
- Albin Ekdal signs 4-year contract with Juventus
- "From Vinovo to New York!". Juventus FC. 2010-05-20. Retrieved 2010-05-21.
- "Bianconeri al raduno, si parte!". Juventus FC (in Italian). 1 July 2010. Retrieved 3 July 2010.
- "Inter 1 Cagliari 4: Ekdal hat-trick inspires sensational away win". Four Four Two. 28 September 2014. Retrieved 28 September 2014.
- "Hamburg announce Albin Ekdal signing". Soccernews. 18 July 2015. Retrieved 13 August 2015.