|Draft||1.17 m (3 ft 10 in)|
|Hull weight||2,300 kg (5,100 lb)|
|LOA||8.25 m (27 ft 1 in)|
|LWL||7.00 m (23 ft 0 in)|
|Beam||2.46 m (8 ft 1 in)|
|Upwind sail area||31.7 m2 (341 sq ft)|
The Vega is considered a solid sailboat and it has cruised around the world on many occasions, the more extreme being trips made by Jarle Andhøy and his crews to Antarctica and to the north of Spitsbergen in Berserk.
A 36-year-old Albin Vega sailboat, christened St. Brendan in honor of the 6th-century Irish explorer monk St. Brendan, was used by Matt Rutherford of Annapolis, Maryland in his successful 314-day, 27,077-mile solo circumnavigation of North and South America which was officially completed on 18 April 2012, when Rutherford crossed the start and finish line—the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel outside Norfolk, Virginia .
- Gelin, Curt (2005), 500 segelbåtar i test: bakgrund, egenskaper, omdömen (in Swedish), Stockholm: Nautiska förlaget, p. 89, ISBN 91-89564-19-7
- David Mercy, "Berserk in the Antarctic", Summersdale Publishers, ISBN 978-1-84024-479-3
- Jarle Andhøy and Alex Rosén, "Berserk til Valhall", Flyt forlag. ISBN 978-82-92465-29-5
- Shenin, Dave (21 April 2012). "Sailor Matt Rutherford welcomed home in Annapolis after sailing solo around the Americas". The Washington Post. Retrieved 22 April 2012.
- Albin Vega Worldwide Page
- American Vega Association
- British Albin Vega Association
|This article about a type of ship or boat is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|