Albon d'Ardèche main street
|• Mayor (2010–2020)||Frédéric Picard|
|Area1||9.11 km2 (3.52 sq mi)|
|• Density||17/km2 (44/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|INSEE/Postal code||07006 / 07190|
|Elevation||567–1,112 m (1,860–3,648 ft)
(avg. 630 m or 2,070 ft)
1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km² (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.2 Population without double counting: residents of multiple communes (e.g., students and military personnel) only counted once.
The inhabitants of the commune are known as Albonnais or Albonnaises
Albon-d'Ardèche is located some 25 km west of Livron-sur-Drome and about 30 km east of Langogne. The commune is traversed by the D102 coming east from Mézilhac through the village and continuing east to Saint-Sauveur-de-Montagut. The D211 also traverses the commune in the south running east from the D122 to Saint-Pierreville. Grand Feouzet in the south of the commune is accessed from this road via country roads. There is a considerable amount of forest in the commune and a little farming.
The Glueyre river passes through the commune from west to east fed by a number of streams in the commune. The river passes through the village and continues east to join the Eyrieux river at Saint-Sauveur-de-Montagut.
Localities, villages and areas
- Féouzet (and Grand Féouzet)
- La Neuve
- La Sauzée
- Le Priouret
- La Pra
- Le Fay
- La Grangette
- La Combe
- Le Pendey
The Communes of Albon d'Ardèche and Marcols-les-Eaux formed the village of Marcol until 1912.
List of Successive Mayors of Albon d'Ardèche
|1989||1995||Jean Louis Chirouze|
(Not all data is known)
In 2010, the commune had 156 inhabitants. The evolution of the number of inhabitants is known through the population censuses conducted in the town since 1921. From the 21st century, a census of municipalities with fewer than 10,000 inhabitants is held every five years, unlike larger towns that have a sample survey every year.[Note 1]
Distribution of Age Groups
The population of the town is relatively old. The rate of persons above the age of 60 years (41.1%) is higher than the national rate (21.8%) and departmental level (26.8%). Unlike national and departmental allocations, the male population of the town is greater than the female population (54.4% against 48.7% nationally and 49.1% at the departmental level).
The distribution of the population of the municipality by age groups is, in 2008, as follows:
- 54.4% of men (0–14 years = 16.3%, 15–29 years = 8.1%, 30–44 years = 17.4%, 45–59 years = 26.7%, more 60 years = 31.4%);
- 45.6% of women (0–14 years = 9.7%, 15–29 years = 11.1%, 30–44 years = 15.3%, 45–59 years = 11.1%, more than 60 years = 52.8%).
Percentage Distribution of Age Groups in Albon d'Ardèche and Ardèche Department in 2008
|0 to 14 Years||16.3||9.7||18.7||16.9|
|15 to 29 Years||8.1||11.1||15.5||14.2|
|30 to 44 Years||17.4||15.3||20.2||19.2|
|45 to 59 Years||26.7||11.1||21.7||20.6|
|60 to 74 Years||24.4||34.7||15.7||16.0|
|75 to 89 Years||7.0||18.1||7.8||11.6|
- Evolution and Structure of the population of the Commune in 2008, INSEE.
- Results of the Census for Ardèche in 2008, INSEE.|
Notes and references
- At the beginning of the 21st century, the methods of identification have been modified by law No. 2002-276 of 27 February 2002 , the so-called "law of local democracy" and in particular Title V "census operations" which allow, after a transitional period running from 2004 to 2008, the annual publication of the legal population of the different French administrative districts. For municipalities with a population greater than 10,000 inhabitants, a sample survey is conducted annually, the entire territory of these municipalities is taken into account at the end of the period of five years. The first "legal population" after 1999 under this new law came into force on 1 January 2009 and was based on the census of 2006.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Albon-d'Ardèche.|
- Albon-d'Ardèche official website (French)
- Albon-d'Ardèche on the joint Inforoutes website (French)
- Albon-d'Ardèche on the old National Geographic Institute website (French)
- Albon-d'Ardèche on Lion1906
- Albon-d'Ardèche on Google Maps
- Albon-d'Ardèche on Géoportail, National Geographic Institute (IGN) website (French)
- Albon on the 1750 Cassini Map
- Albon-d'Ardèche on the INSEE website (French)
- INSEE (French)