|Full name||Albert Samuel Mathewson|
|Date of birth||13 December 1985|
|Place of birth||Hastings, New Zealand|
|Height||1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)|
|Weight||93 kg (14 st 9 lb)|
|School||Hastings Boys' High School|
|University||Victoria University of Wellington|
|Children||Nixon Mathewson (son)|
|Rugby union career|
Albert Samuel "Alby" Mathewson (born 13 December 1985 in Hastings, New Zealand) is a rugby union player for Bristol Rugby in the Aviva Premiership. He plays as a scrum-half. He has played four Test matches for the All Blacks.
Mathewson was born in Hastings, New Zealand. He first attended Havelock North High School but switched to Hastings Boys' High School to improve his game. He studied at Victoria University after finishing his schooling. He made his Wellington debut in 2006 and Hurricanes debut in 2007, before shifting to the Blues in 2010. Mathewson made his international debut for New Zealand in 2010.
Mathewson and his partner, Cara, have two sons together. The oldest was born in Wellington, New Zealand in 2010. At the time Mathewson was training with the All Blacks. Their youngest was born in Perth, Australia in 2015.
Super Rugby Statistics
- As of 20 July 2016
- "All Blacks: Diligence pays off for Mathewson". New Zealand Herald. 2008-11-11. ISSN 1170-0777. Retrieved 2015-11-28.
- Robson, Tony (31 August 2012). "May the Force be with you Alby Mathewson". Auckland Now. Fairfax. Retrieved 8 September 2012.
- "Mathewson committed to the Force until 2016" (Press release). Western Force. 23 May 2014. Retrieved 23 May 2014.
- "Mathewson leaves All Blacks squad for birth of child". Retrieved 2015-11-28.
- "Player Statistics". its rugby. Retrieved 26 July 2016.