Alby with Thwaite
|Alby with Thwaite|
All Saints Parish Church, Thwaite
St. Ethelbert's, Alby
|Area||5.81 km2 (2.24 sq mi)|
|Population||245 (parish, 2011 census)|
|• Density||42/km2 (110/sq mi)|
|OS grid reference|
|• London||132 miles|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Ambulance||East of England|
Alby with Thwaite is a civil parish in the English county of Norfolk. The parish straddles the A140 some 10 km south of Cromer and 30 km north of Norwich, including the settlements of Alby and Thwaite.
Alby with Thwaite has an area of 5.81 km2 and in the 2001 census had a population of 223 in 86 households, the population increasing to 245 at the 2011 Census. For the purposes of local government, the parish falls within the district of North Norfolk.
The church of Thwaite, All Saints, is one of 124 existing round-tower churches in Norfolk. Other features of interest are the 1624 pulpit and the 1824 Sunday school room situated north of the chancel.
- "Civil Parish population 2011". Retrieved 31 August 2015.
- Office for National Statistics & Norfolk County Council (2001). Census population and household counts for unparished urban areas and all parishes. Retrieved December 2, 2005.
- Betjeman, John, ed. (1968) Collins Pocket Guide to English Parish Churches; the South. London: Collins; p. 320
Media related to Alby with Thwaite at Wikimedia Commons
- A vision of Alby with Thwaite
- Website with photos of Thwaite All Saints
- Alby in the Domesday Book
- Thwaite in the Domesday Book
|This Norfolk location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|