The Alcan Golfer of the Year Championship, also known as the Alcan Open, was an international golf tournament played from 1967 to 1970. It was sponsored by Alcan Aluminum Ltd. of Canada, a long-time corporate sponsor of professional golf on international circuits. A concurrent Alcan International tournament was also played. The 1969 tournament, played in the United States, was an official PGA Tour event.
- 1967 Old Course at St Andrews, St Andrews, Scotland
- 1968 Royal Birkdale Golf Club, Southport, England
- 1969 Portland Golf Club, Portland, Oregon, United States
- 1970 Portmarnock Golf Club, Portmarnock, Ireland
Alcan Golfer of the Year Championship
|1967||Gay Brewer||United States||Old Course at St Andrews||283||Playoff||Billy Casper||55,000|||
|1968||Gay Brewer||United States||Royal Birkdale Golf Club||283||3 strokes||Peter Townsend||55,000|||
|1969||Billy Casper||United States||Portland Golf Club||274||1 stroke||Lee Trevino||55,000|||
|1970||Bruce Devlin||Australia||Portmarnock Golf Club||278||7 strokes||Bob Rosburg||55,000|||
In the 18-hole playoff in 1967 Brewer scored 68 to Casper's 72.
|1967||Peter Thomson||Australia||Old Course at St Andrews||281||5 strokes||Tony Grubb||2,500|||
Christy O'Connor Snr
|Royal Birkdale Golf Club||288||Tie||2,500
|1969: No tournament|
|1970||Paddy Skerritt||Ireland||Portmarnock Golf Club||286||3 strokes|| Maurice Bembridge
- Gwilym S. Brown (October 16, 1967). "Mod Golf Strikes At Old St. Andrews". Sports Illustrated. Retrieved June 4, 2009.[permanent dead link]
- "A Roundup Of The Sports Information Of The Week". Sports Illustrated. October 14, 1968. Retrieved June 4, 2009.[permanent dead link]
- "A Roundup Of The Sports Information Of The Week". Sports Illustrated. October 6, 1969. Retrieved June 4, 2009.[permanent dead link]
- "Bruce Devlin take first in Alcan Golf tournament". The Bulletin. Bend, Oregon. September 21, 1970. p. 11.
- "Americans in play-off for Alcan". The Glasgow Herald. 9 October 1967. p. 1.
- "Alcan play-off between Casper and Brewer". The Glasgow Herald. 9 October 1967. p. 5.
- "Brewer's 68 in play-off worth £300 a shot". The Glasgow Herald. 10 October 1967. p. 6.
- "Brewer's accuracy from tees decisive in Alcan". The Glasgow Herald. 7 October 1968. p. 7.
- "Casper wins Alcan tournament with storming finish". The Glasgow Herald. 30 September 1969. p. 6.
- "Devlin ways away unchallenged with £23,060 first prize". The Glasgow Herald. 21 September 1970. p. 5.
|This article on an American golf tournament is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to sports in Oregon is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|