Alcatel (mobile device brand)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Founded||April 2004(as Alcatel ONETOUCH)|
Alcatel (previously Alcatel ONETOUCH) is a brand of mobile handsets used under licenseby Chinese electronics company TCL Corporation. It was established in 2004 as a joint venture between Alcatel-Lucent (45%) and TCL (55%). In 2005 the joint venture was dissolved and TCL acquired Alcatel-Lucent's 45 percent share. Since then, Alcatel became a wholly owned subsidiary group of TCL.
TCL Mobile Limited (former name: T&A Mobile Phones Limited) is a member of TCL Communication listed on Hong Kong Stock Exchange (HKSE: 2618) which was established in August 2004 by TCL Communication and Alcatel.
TCL Mobile Limited manages three business units: Alcatel, TCL Mobile Phones and Brand Design Lab. Alcatel-Lucent later sold its shares in TCL and is no longer related to the Alcatel mobile phone brand.
The first Alcatel phone was the OT Easy HF. It was released in 1998, and had a battery standby life of up to 140 hours.
- "About Us". alcatel-mobile.com. TCL Communication. Retrieved October 13, 2016.
TCL Communication designs, develops and markets a diversified range of mobile devices in more than 170 countries under the Alcatel brand [..] Alcatel is a trademark of Alcatel-Lucent used under license by TCL Communication.
- Withers, Paul. "Alcatel eyes mid-tier move". Mobile News Online. Retrieved 2016-04-06.
- "TCL Company Profile".
- "The Disillusion of TCL and Alcatel".
- "ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Wins 2 iF Design Awards". Retrieved 1 December 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Alcatel mobile phones.|
- Official website (English)
- TCL Communication Technology Holdings Limited (TCL Communication) site
- Press release about TCL-Alcatel Joint Venture
- Official website UAE
- Alcatel OT Easy HF
|This product or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|