Alcohol Use Disorders Identification Test
|Part of a series on|
The Alcohol Use Disorders Identification Test (AUDIT) is a ten-question test developed by a World Health Organization-sponsored collaborative project to determine if a person may be at risk for alcohol abuse problems. The test was designed to be used internationally, and was validated in a study drawing patients from six countries. Several research studies have found that the AUDIT screening tool is a reliable and valid measure in identifying alcohol abuse problem behaviors and it has been found to be a valid indicator for severity of alcohol dependence. There is some evidence that the AUDIT works in adolescents and young adults; it appears less accurate in older adults. It appears well-suited for use with college students, and also with women and members of minority groups.
The AUDIT alcohol consumption questions (AUDIT-C) is a 3-question screening test for problem drinking which can be used in a doctor's office.
- Substance abuse
- CAGE Questionnaire
- CRAFFT Screening Test
- Paddington Alcohol Test
- Severity of Alcohol Dependence Questionnaire
- List of diagnostic classification and rating scales used in psychiatry
- Clinical Institute Withdrawal Assessment for Alcohol
- EffectiveChildTherapy.Org information on Substance Abuse
- Society of Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology
- Bohn, MJ; Babor, TF; Kranzler, HR (July 1995). "The Alcohol Use Disorders Identification Test (AUDIT): validation of a screening instrument for use in medical settings". Journal of studies on alcohol. 56 (4): 423–32. doi:10.15288/jsa.1995.56.423. PMID 7674678.
- Kitchens, JM (14 December 1994). "Does this patient have an alcohol problem?". JAMA. 272 (22): 1782–7. doi:10.1001/jama.1994.03520220076034. PMID 7966928.
- Donovan, DM; Kivlahan, DR; Doyle, SR; Longabaugh, R; Greenfield, SF (December 2006). "Concurrent validity of the Alcohol Use Disorders Identification Test (AUDIT) and AUDIT zones in defining levels of severity among out-patients with alcohol dependence in the COMBINE study". Addiction. 101 (12): 1696–704. doi:10.1111/j.1360-0443.2006.01606.x. PMID 17156168.
- Fiellin, DA; Reid, MC; O'Connor, PG (10 July 2000). "Screening for alcohol problems in primary care: a systematic review". Archives of Internal Medicine. 160 (13): 1977–89. doi:10.1001/archinte.160.13.1977. PMID 10888972.
- "Screening for alcohol use and alcohol related problems". NIAAA Publications. Retrieved 23 September 2015.
- Bush, K; Kivlahan, DR; McDonell, MB; Fihn, SD; Bradley, KA (14 September 1998). "The AUDIT alcohol consumption questions (AUDIT-C): an effective brief screening test for problem drinking. Ambulatory Care Quality Improvement Project (ACQUIP). Alcohol Use Disorders Identification Test". Archives of Internal Medicine. 158 (16): 1789–95. doi:10.1001/archinte.158.16.1789. PMID 9738608.
|Wikiversity has learning resources about Alcohol Use Disorders Identification Test|