Alden Park Towers
Alden Park Towers
|Location||8100 East Jefferson Avenue
|Architectural style||Tudor Revival|
|MPS||East Jefferson Avenue Residential TR|
|NRHP Reference #||85002933|
|Added to NRHP||October 09, 1985|
The Alden Park Towers is an apartment building located at 8100 East Jefferson Avenue in Detroit, Michigan. It is also currently known as Alden Towers. The building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1985.
Alden Park Towers consists of four eight-story buildings built from red brick with stone trim. The buildings are interconnected at the first story; this level formerly housed commercial services such as grocery store and laundry. The exterior is highly ornamented, with projecting bay windows extending from the ground to the roof. The crenellated limestone at the roofline distinguishes these apartments from other similar buildings in Detroit. The buildings originally held 352 apartments; the number is currently 389.
The Alden Park Towers were built in 1922 as the Berman Apartments. They were built south of Jefferson to take advantage of the natural beauty of the Detroit River. They were one of the few large apartment buildings built in Detroit.
Triton Properties acquired the historic Alden Park Towers property, located on Detroit's Gold Coast (the East Jefferson riverfront) in 2012, out of foreclosure for $2 million in August 2012, and are currently performing a $5 million plus renovation of all 382 apartment units in the four towers. The renovation of the common areas are mostly complete, including a brand-new grand lobby with a large fireplace as the focal point, and a new fitness center with all-new equipment and flatscreen TVs. The entire building is outfitted with free Wi-Fi. The grand lobby, designed with assistance from Sharon Carlile of Royal Oak's Italmoda, will mimic the lobby of a modern boutique hotel. Additionally, they are doing a major renovation to the property's riverfront. Renovation work was completed in the first quarter 2015. 
- National Park Service (2008-04-15). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- Alden Park Towers/Alden Park Manor from Detroit1701.org
- Alden Park Towers from the state of Michigan
- Kelli B. Kavanaugh, "Alden Park Towers getting $5M makeover; nearly 90% leased," Model D, January 22, 2008
- Alden Park Towers -- official site
- Triton Properties -- official site
- Triton Properties unveils a brand-new look for the historic Alden Towers -- June 2013