Alden Richards (EP)
|Released||May 26, 2013|
|Recorded||February - April 2013|
|Alden Richards chronology|
|Singles from Alden Richards|
Alden Richards is the self-titled EP of Filipino actor and singer Alden Richards under Universal Records released on May 26, 2013 in the Philippines in CD and digital formats. The album magazine includes Richards' biography and personal interests in music, showbiz, food and other stuff. However, the physical released was first launched at TriNoma mall in which he has accompanied the event with live performance, autograph signing and giving posters and on May 31 for the nationwide distribution.
Richards embarked on a new journey as a recording artist under Universal Records, joining the elite roster of Filipino artists, like Gary Valenciano, Ogie Alcasid, Regine Velasquez, Christian Bautista, and Jaya, among others. During the contract signing with the label, he was accompanied by David Fabros and Simoun Ferrer of GMA Artist Center and Universal Records' general manager, Kathleen Dy-Go and operations manager, Peter Chan. During the contract signing conference, Richards said that the album itself will include his favorite songs. "They should look out for it because it will tell a lot about me," Richards added.
Universal Records Management had given Richards a list of songs, then Ito Rapadas, the album producer, selected most of the tracks. The lead single ("Haplos") was the first song performed by Richards. When the first demo was heard by the management, they were impressed by the outcome. Their common feedback was that Richards really had good musical skills. Though Richards experienced some difficulty in recording sessions with regard to his busy schedule, he still found enjoyment in every single moment of it.
In his exclusive interview in the music magazine Pinoy (April - May issue), he confirmed that he recorded five remakes and one original composition by Vince Rod Katindoy, member and composer of Shamrock. The final track listing consisted of seven tracks including his covers of "Naaalala Ka" by Rey Valera, "Di Na Mababawi" by Spongecola and Itchyworms' "Akin Ka Na Lang" and his carrier single, Shamrock's "Haplos". He expressed that the album doesn't include "belting songs," but consists of ballads that are cool and relaxing to hear, and that he hopes for his album to reach gold status and not have any negative feedback.
In October 2015, Universal Records released a special edition of the album which includes AlDub theme song "God Gave Me You" by Bryan White. The song was frequently dubbed by Alden Richards in Eat Bulaga!'s Kalyeserye. Richards' version of the song is included in his 2015 album Wish I May.
The self-titled album was launched on May 26, 2013 at the Trinoma Activity Center and Alden was overwhelmed by the reception of his fans. "Hindi ko po inexpect na ganoon yung magiging reception kasi hindi ko po ineexpect na matatanggap ako ng tao as a singer," (I don't expect that kind of reception because I don't expect that people would accept me as a singer,) he added in a press conference held on June 11. In 2015, Richards gained so much popularity courtesy of ALDUB love team played in Eat Bulagas's segment, Juan For All, All For Juan. In line with this, the album eventually topped the charts of iTunes Philippines, and among largest retailers in the country such as Astroplus, and Odyssey. It also landed on Billboard World Albums Chart at number 10 for the week of October 17, 2015.
The album was re-release after two years since its debut in market in 2013, on November 28, 2015. It features Bryan Whites's hit, God Gave Me You, and with additional instrumentals for each tracks from the album.
"Haplos", written and originally performed by Shamrock, was released as the lead single from the album on April 5, 2013 and became available on the April 9 in digital format. It was launched at the noontime musical variety show, Party Pilipinas by Richards himself performing on April 14. Further, the song topped all digital singles chart including My Music Store Philippines and the Philippines franchise of iTunes on April 19. Extending that the single itself was used as one of the official sound track for GMA’s 2013 primetime series, Mundo Mo'y Akin, where he played the character role of Jerome. Its music video was directed and edited by J. Pacena II and first premiered in Myx Philippines, on May 23.
|1.||"Haplos"||Vince Rod Katindoy||Ito Rapadas||03:34|
|2.||"Naaalala Ka"||Rey Valera||Ito Rapadas||03:49|
|3.||"Can’t Find No Reason"||Dodjie Simon||Ito Rapadas||02:56|
|4.||"‘Di Na Mababawi"||Rey Dilay||Ito Rapadas||03:15|
|5.||"Sa Aking Tabi"||Vince Rod Katindoy||Ito Rapadas||03:48|
|6.||"Akin Ka Nalang"||Johanne Angelo Nicolas||Ito Rapadas||03:05|
|7.||"Everytime I See You"||P.O. Sorensen, R. Kristoffersen, M. Sjoberg||Ito Rapadas||03:52|
- Kathleen Dy-Go – executive producer
- Ito Rapadas – producer
- Bobby Velasco, Alkemi Production, Fred Garcia, Ito Rapadas – song arrangers
- Gigi Arcay – guitarist
- Rommel Elliseo, Ito Rapadas – back-up vocalists
- Willy Villa at U.R. Recording Studio – song mixer and master
- Willy Villa and Gil Losenada at U.R. Recording Studio – record producers
- Doc Marion Pecjo – photographer
- Rex Atienza – stylist
- Denise Go – hair and makeup artist
- Anne Kate Pinero –album designer
|US World Albums (Billboard)||10|
*sales figures based on certification alone
|Philippines||Standard (download), cd||May 26, 2013||Universal Records Inc.||800594-490142|
|Special Edition CD||November 28, 2015|
- "Kapuso Hearthrob Alden Richards To Release Debut Album Under Universal Records! - Orange Magazine". 2 February 2013.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-10-16. Retrieved 2013-05-29.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Alden Richards Live Debut Album Launch".
- Santos, AJT (22 October 2015). "Alden Richards' self-titled album Special Edition released". inquirer.net. Philippine Daily Inquirer. Retrieved 27 October 2015.
- Ramirez, Lorie (25 September 2015). "'God Gave Me You,' kasama sa album ni Alden Richards". gmanetwork.com. GMA Network, Inc. Retrieved 27 October 2015.
- "ALDEN RICHARDS Releases His Self-Titled Debut Album!".
- "US Billboard World Albums Chart". Billboard. Retrieved 7 October 2015.
- "Alden Richards's album makes it to world Billboard chart". Philippine Star. October 7, 2015. Retrieved October 7, 2015.
- "Universal Records releases Alden Richards Special Edition album - Entertainment - NoelJose.com".
- "Universal Records Releases Alden Richards Self-Titled Album Special Edition - Orange Magazine". 22 October 2015.
- Universal Records PH [@universalrecph] (19 April 2013). "CONGRATS! Alden Richards "Haplos" is #1 DIGITAL SINGLE in @MyMusicStorePH! @aldenrichards02" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- "Congrats Alden Richards :) Haplos #1... - Alden Richards (ALDENatics) - Facebook".
- "Daniel Padilla "DJP' Album Released Nationwide Today; Alden Richards "Haplos" Now the Top-Selling Song Online".
- "Alden Richards Chart History (World Albums)". Billboard. Retrieved 18 October 2015.
- "Alden Richards' self-titled album now platinum!". inquirer.net. Philippine Daily Inquirer. 2 November 2015. Retrieved 16 November 2015.