Aldinga Beach, South Australia
Black cormorants at Aldinga Beach
|Time zone||ACST (UTC+9:30)|
|• Summer (DST)||ACDT (UTC+10:30)|
|Location||41 km (25 mi) S of Adelaide|
|LGA(s)||City of Onkaparinga|
Aldinga Beach is an outer southern suburb of Adelaide, South Australia. It lies within the City of Onkaparinga and has the postcode 5173. At the 2011 census, Aldinga Beach had a population of 9,697. The beach is a well-known spot for surfing, swimming, scuba diving, and snorkeling during the summer months. It overlooks an aquatic reserve which has been created to safeguard a unique reef formation.
Aldinga Beach Post Office opened on 1 March 1960.
Aldinga Beach is associated with two protected areas - the Aldinga Scrub Conservation Park and the Aldinga Reef Aquatic Reserve. The Aldinga Scrub Conservation Park is located within the southern extent of the suburb and on land in the adjoining suburb of Sellicks Beach. The Aldinga Reef aquatic reserve is located immediately offshore of both Aldinga Beach and Port Willunga and includes land within the intertidal zone of both suburbs.
- "Search results for 'Aldinga Beach, SUB' with the following datasets selected - 'Suburbs and localities', 'Counties', 'Hundreds', 'Local Government Areas', 'SA Government Regions' and 'Gazetteer". Location SA Map Viewer. South Australian Government. Retrieved 14 March 2020.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Aldinga Beach (State Suburb)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 23 November 2017.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Aldinga Beach (State Suburb)". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 16 October 2014.
- "(postcode for) Aldinga Beach, South Australia". Postcodes Australia. Retrieved 14 March 2020.
- "Southern Adelaide SA Government region" (PDF). The Government of South Australia. Retrieved 17 April 2017.
- Mawson (Map). Electoral District Boundaries Commission. 2016. Retrieved 2 March 2018.
- "Profile of the electoral division of Mayo (SA)". Australian Electoral Commission. Retrieved 26 September 2019.
- "Summary (climate) statistics NOARLUNGA". Commonwealth of Australia, Bureau of Meteorology. Retrieved 14 March 2020.
- "Aldinga Beach". Fleurieu Peninsula.
- Premier Postal History. "Post Office List". Premier Postal Auctions. Retrieved 26 May 2011.
- "Protected Areas of South Australia September (Map) 2014 Edition" (PDF). Department of Environment, Water and Natural Resources. Retrieved 15 April 2015.
- "Search result for "Aldinga Reef Aquatic Reserve" with the following databases selected - "Suburbs and Localities" and "Aquatic Reserves"". Location SA Viewer. Government of South Australia. Retrieved 10 October 2016.
|This article about a place in Adelaide is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|