|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Cover of the first Aldnoah.Zero DVD and Blu-ray volume.
|Anime television series|
|Directed by||Ei Aoki|
|Written by||Katsuhiko Takayama|
|Music by||Hiroyuki Sawano|
|Studio||A-1 Pictures, TROYCA|
|Network||Tokyo MX, GTV, GYT, BS11, ABC, AT-X|
|Original run||July 5, 2014 – March 28, 2015|
|Aldnoah.Zero Season One|
|Written by||Olympus Knights|
|Published by||Houbunsha|
|Original run||August 11, 2014 – July 13, 2015|
Aldnoah.Zero (Japanese: アルドノア・ゼロ Hepburn: Arudonoa Zero?), stylized as ΛLDNOΛH.ZERO, is a mecha anime television and print series created by Olympus Knights[not verified in body] and A-1 Pictures. It presents the fictional story of the Vers empire's 37 clans of Orbital Knights' attempted reconquest of earth—enabled by the empowering title Aldnoah energy/drive technology—following return to earth as a more technologically advanced people after a human diaspora to the planet Mars. Created by Gen Urobuchi with direction by Ei Aoki, the series features principal Japanese voice acting by Natsuki Hanae, Kensho Ono, and Sora Amamiya, with animated relational and battle scenes set on or in the fictional earth of 2014, the orbital castles of Vers Empire's Orbital Knights, Vers bases on a shattered remnant of earth's moon, and occasionally, the Vers palace of its failing emperor on Mars. The series began in July 2014, and as of March 2016, had presented two full 12-episode seasons, with Urobuchi, Katsuhiko Takayama, and Shinsuke Onishi, and then Hiroyuki Sawano and Kalafina, respectively, receiving principal script-writing and music credits. In the accompanying manga, Olympus Knights and Kiyokazu Satake, and then Pinakes and Mahi Fuyube, respectively, receive writing and illustration credits.[not verified in body]
In 1969, an ancient alien hypergate was discovered on the surface of the moon. Using this technology, humanity began migrating to Mars and settling there. After settlers discovered additional advanced technology, the Vers Empire was founded, which claimed Mars and its secrets for themselves. Later, the Vers Empire declared war on Earth, and in 1999, a battle on the Moon's surface caused the hypergate to explode, shattering the Moon and scattering remnants into a debris belt around the planet. Cut off from Mars, the remnants of the Vers Imperial Army established several massive orbital space stations within the debris belt and a ceasefire was established. 15 years later, in 2014, an attack on the Vers princess during a peace mission causes the Empire and its 37 clans of Orbital Knights to launch a new attack on Earth, this time determined to conquer it once and for all.
||This article describes a work or element of fiction in a primarily in-universe style. (March 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- Inaho Kaizuka (界塚 伊奈帆 Kaizuka Inaho?)
- Voiced by: Natsuki Hanae (Japanese); Max Mittelman (English)
- A high school student on Earth at the top of his class. Ever since the death of his parents, he has been living together with his older sister, Yuki. He is characterized by his emotionless, stoic demeanor, and extraordinary ability to come up with tactics used to defeat the Martian Knights, even within the heat of battle. According to Yuki, he may have developed feelings for Princess Asseylum. While the rest of his squad uses the more armored Kataphract KG-7 Areion, he continues to use the training model KG-6 Sleipnir as his personal unit since it is more maneuverable. After Slaine nearly kills him, it is discovered that part of Asseylum's powers that activate the Aldnoah Drive were transferred to him when he gave her mouth to mouth resuscitation. He now has a bionic eye and a processor specializing in prediction algorithms serving as his temporal cortex. In a fierce battle, he defeats Slaine, who is taken into custody.
- Slaine Troyard (スレイン・トロイヤード Surein Toroiyādo?)
- Voiced by: Kenshō Ono (Japanese); Zach Aguilar (English)
- A Terran (Earth-born human) subservient to the Versian Count Cruhteo and Inaho's nemesis. Slaine is a close friend of Princess Asseylum after she saved Slaine and his now-deceased father five years prior to the beginning of the story. He is fiercely loyal to her and although he is, at first, a pacifist, he will shoot to kill when Princess Asseylum is involved. After Saazbaum nearly kills Asseylum, he shoots and leaves Inaho for dead, while sparing Saazbaum and giving his full loyalty to the Martians. He eventually is knighted by Count Saazbaum and now pilots the Kataphract Tharsis, which can see a few seconds into the future and once belonged to Cruhteo. After being named Saazbaum's successor, he kills him as vengeance for Princess Asseylum, fooling everybody that he died in battle, and rises to the rank of Count. Long in love with Asseylum, Slaine grieves her silently and agrees to marry Princess Lemrina. Upon Asseylum's reawakening, his frustration and despair corrupts his personality and he changes from being a peaceful, kind young man into a war-hungry militarist. He is defeated by Inaho and imprisoned, a bitter young man. His redemption is only made possible by Inaho's telling him that the one thing Princess Asseylum asked of Inaho was to spare Slaine. This act of compassion is the catalyst for Slaine's rehabilitation.
- Asseylum Vers Allusia (アセイラム・ヴァース・アリューシア Aseiramu Vāsu Aryūshia?)
- Voiced by: Sora Amamiya (Japanese); Erika Harlacher (English)
- The First Princess of the Vers Empire. She is very close to Slaine and is curious to learn about Earth. She goes to Earth on a goodwill visit, but her motorcade is attacked and she's presumed assassinated. This aggression is used by the orbiting Martians as a casus belli for their invasion. The princess, in actuality and unaccustomed to gravity, falls ill on the day of her visit and a body double is the one killed. Asseylum travels with Inaho's group under a false identity ("Seylum") until she transmits a message back to her grandfather on Mars, in hopes of stopping the rekindled war. After Saazbaum nearly kills her, Slaine convinces the Count to save her, instead. She remains in suspended animation as part of her recovery process. She eventually awakens but this fact is unknown to everyone but Slaine and Eddelrittuo, and later on, by Princess Lemrina. Asseylum eventually gains control of the empire and is betrothed to the son of Count Curteho, who supports her goals.
United Forces of Earth
- Inko Amifumi (網文 韻子 Amifumi Inko?)
- Voiced by: Mikako Komatsu (Japanese); Erica Mendez (English)
- Inaho's childhood friend and fellow high school classmate, who is strongly hinted to have feelings for Inaho. She is a member of the Student Council Committee and later a member of Inaho's squad.
- Rayet Areash (ライエ・アリアーシュ Raie Ariāshu?)
- Voiced by: Sachika Misawa (Japanese); Cristina Vee (English)
- A Martian girl living on Earth. Her father was stranded on Earth after the previous war. He and a few comrades carried out the assassination attempt on Princess Asseylum in exchange for the promise of extraction back to Mars and knighthood under the Vers Empire. Rayet witnessed Trillram murder her father and fellow conspirators to keep them quiet and, after Yuki rescued her, swore vengeance on the Martians. She eventually becomes a member of Inaho's squad.
- Calm Craftman (カーム・クラフトマン Kāmu Kurafutoman?)
- Voiced by: Taishi Murata (Japanese); Bryce Papenbrook (English)
- Inaho's friend and classmate. He comes from a country that was severely affected by Heaven's Fall. Despite the name, he is actually very loud and jovial, though he swears vengeance on all Martians after a Knight kills his friend. He becomes an engineer for the Kataphracts.
- Nina Klein (ニーナ・クライン Nīna Kurain?)
- Voiced by: Ai Kakuma (Japanese); Christine Marie Cabanos (English)
- Inko's best friend who is also in Inaho's class. She comes from the same country as Calm that was severely affected by Heaven's Fall. She becomes a member of the crew of the Deucalion.
- Okisuke Mikuni (箕国 起助 Mikuni Okisuke?)
- Voiced by: Yoshitaka Yamaya (Japanese); Bobby Thong (English)
- Inaho's friend and classmate. His friends call him Okojo (オコジョ Okojo?). He is killed while trying to save Yuki from Trillram.
- Kisaki Matsuribi (祭陽 希咲 Matsuribi Kisaki?)
- Voiced by: Kengo Kawanishi (Japanese); Kyle McCarley (English)
- A Shinawara High student who is Inaho's senior, and one of the volunteers for lieutenant Marito's rescue crew.
- Yūtarō Tsumugi (詰城 祐太朗 Tsumugi Yūtarō?)
- Voiced by: Sōma Saitō (Japanese); Lucien Dodge (English)
- A Shinawara High student who is Inaho's senior, and one of the volunteers for lieutenant Marito's rescue crew.
- Yuki Kaizuka (界塚 ユキ Kaizuka Yuki?)
- Voiced by: Sayaka Ohara (Japanese); Erica Lindbeck (English)
- Inaho's older sister and a Warrant Officer in the United Forces of Earth. She is capable of piloting a Kataphract into battle and has helped train students at the academy. She constantly worries that Inaho might get killed with all his plans, but supports him nonetheless. When Inaho is nearly killed, she abandons the Deucalion crew for 19 months before eventually returning alongside Marito.
- Koichirō Marito (鞠戸 孝一郎 Marito Koichirō?)
- Voiced by: Kazuya Nakai (Japanese); Matt Mercer (English)
- A Lieutenant in the United Forces of Earth. He, along with Yuki, is currently a training instructor at the high school Inaho attends, but is also a veteran of the War of 1999, and witnessed firsthand the power of Aldnoah. Despite reporting what happened 15 years ago before Heaven's Fall, the governments of Earth refused to publicize any information, as it showed how outmatched Earth's forces truly were. One of his close friends was killed in that battle, and Marito now suffers from PTSD and drinks heavily to cope with his flashbacks to the battle.
- Sōma Yagarai (耶賀頼 蒼真 Yagarai Sōma?)
- Voiced by: Kōsuke Toriumi (Japanese); Ethan Murray (English)
- A doctor living in the city of Shinawara and a friend of Marito who helps him deal with his trauma.
- Darzana Magbaredge (ダルザナ・マグバレッジ Daruzena Magubarejji?)
- Voiced by: Ai Kayano (Japanese); Julie Ann Taylor (English)
- A Captain (later Colonel) in the United Forces of Earth. She helps Marito evacuate the civilians while Inaho and his friends distract Trillram. She blames Marito for the death of her older brother, who died in the battle of Tanegashima before Heaven's Fall.
- Kaoru Mizusaki (不見咲 カオル Mizusaki Kaoru?)
- Voiced by: Yū Shimamura (Japanese); Trina Loo (English)
- Captain Magbaredge's executive officer in the United Forces of Earth. She takes command of the refugee escort mission when Darzana volunteers to help Marito. Darzana usually tries to give her some dating advice, even in the middle of a battle.
- Shigō Kakei (筧 至剛 Kakei Shigō?)
- Voiced by: Makoto Furukawa (Japanese); Alan Lee (English)
- A sergeant in the United Forces of Earth, and one of the volunteers for lieutenant Marito's rescue crew.
- Eddelrittuo (エデルリッゾ Ederurizzo?)
- Voiced by: Inori Minase (Japanese); Sandy Fox (English)
- A young Martian girl who serves Princess Asseylum as her loyal maid. She has unintentionally revealed the princess' identity on numerous occasions. She is very conscious of etiquette and takes offense when people speak to the princess in a casual manner. She now serves Lemrina, Asseylum's half sister.
- Cruhteo (クルーテオ Kurūteo?)
- Voiced by: Shō Hayami (Japanese); Lex Lang (English)
- A Count of the Vers Empire and one of the Martian Knights who beats Slaine for any slight, no matter how small. A friend of Saazbaum, but he seems to be unaware that Saazbaum is one of the conspirators who tried to assassinate the princess. After he brutally tortures Slaine for information, he realizes the truth about the princess' alleged assassination. He apologizes to Slaine and swears to find the culprits, only to be attacked and killed by Saazbaum. His Kataphract Tharsis, that possesses precognitive abilities, is given to Slaine by Saazbaum.
- Saazbaum (ザーツバルム Zātsubarumu?)
- Voiced by: Tōru Ōkawa (Japanese); Kirk Thornton (English)
- A Count of the Vers Empire, one of the Martian Knights, and a friend of Cruhteo who has been eager to rekindle a war between Mars and Earth. He is one of the conspirators behind the murder attempt of Princess Asseylum. He pilots the Kataphract Dioskuria and uses it to attack Cruhteo's castle when he realizes he has been discovered. He kills his fellow Martian Knight and captures Slaine. He reveals that Slaine's father saved him during the Heaven's Fall, hence the reason of why he took Slaine when he thought Cruhteo was going to kill him. The woman he loved died during Heaven's Fall and blames the royal family for her death, so now he wants to kill Asseylum and take Earth's resources as a way of revenge. His Dioskuria possesses a barrier like the Nilokeras, a beam katana like the Argyre, and rocket punches like the Hellas. Inaho defeated him by taking advantage of every weakness it possesses. Despite shooting to kill the princess, he is spared by Slaine and forced to save her. He eventually adopts Slaine and names him his successor but during a battle, he is killed by his adoptive son in revenge for trying to kill Asseylum.
- Trillram (トリルラン Toriruran?)
- Voiced by: Takahiro Sakurai (Japanese); Todd Haberkorn (English)
- A Martian Knight and Baron under the Vers Empire who enjoys killing Terrans, and also killed fellow Martians who carried out the attempted assassination on Princess Asseylum to tie up loose ends. He pilots the Kataphract Nilokeras, that possesses a defensive shield that absorbs all types of matter that touch it, until Inaho found its weakness. Later he was shot dead after inadvertently revealing to Slaine that he was one of the conspirators.
- Vlad (ブラド Burado?)
- Voiced by: Hiroki Yasumoto (Japanese); Patrick Seitz (English)
- A Martian Knight in pursuit of survivors from Shinawara who pilots the Kataphract Argyre, that has a large beam katana, capable of cutting through anything, including explosive rounds shot in its direction. He was forced to retreat after being defeated by Inaho, Calm and Inko. He returns, trying to get his revenge and battles Inaho, only to be killed once Inaho uses the power of his sword against him; he makes him fall in the ocean and the temperature of the beams cause a massive steam explosion that obliterates him.
- Femieanne (フェミーアン Femīan?)
- Voiced by: Yuki Kaida (Japanese); Carrie Keranen (English)
- A Martian Knight with the rank of Countess who encounters the survivors of Shinawara when they arrive to Tanegashima. She pilots the Kataphract Hellas, that can shoot its six arms as missiles, but act more like drones than actual "projectiles". Aside from its fists, the Hellas has no other weapons, which renders it vulnerable to melee attacks. After all six of her arms are destroyed by the teamwork of Slaine and Inaho, she turns Hellas into a flying platform, only to be crushed by the giant battleship Deucalion powered by Asseylum. She is then finished off by Rayet.
- Orlane (オルレイン Orurein?)
- Voiced by: Mamiko Noto (Japanese); Mela Lee (English)
- A Martian Knight with the rank of Viscountess and Saazbaum's late betrothed, who piloted the gigantic Kataphract Deucalion, that possessed anti-gravity powers. She died during Heaven's Fall when she and Saazbaum were sent to Tanegashima as an advance party and her anti-gravity device got damaged with the destruction of the Hyper Gate, urging Saazbaum to leave her behind. The Aldnoah Drive of her Kataphract was used in the creation of the flying battleship Deucalion.
- Harklight (ハークライト Hākuraito?)
- Voiced by: Daisuke Hirakawa (Japanese); Ben Pronsky (English)
- A subordinate of the Martian Knights who is assigned to Slaine, despite being older, and comes to greatly admire him, since he comes from a humble family. He is later given Herschel, Marylcian's Kataphract by Slaine. He and the Stygis platoon refuse to abandon Slaine when he orders them to retreat in the final battle.
- Yacoym (ヤーコイム Yākoimu?)
- Voiced by: Kazuyuki Okitsu
- A Martian Knight and Baron that attacks the Deucalion while its going through repairs. He pilots the Kataphract Elysium, that's capable of creating a 1km radius Entropy Dilution Field, that freezes everything around it, and deflects bullets thanks to the Meissner effect. He is killed when Inaho manages to reach him and shoots him at point blank.
- Marylcian (マリルシャン Marirushan?)
- Voiced by: Susumu Chiba (Japanese); Derek Stephen Prince (English)
- A Martian Knight with the rank of Count, who looks down on Slaine for being a Terran, especially after he ascends to the rank of Count. He challenges Slaine to a duel in order to see who's more worthy of protecting the princess. He pilots the Kataphract Herschel that is capable of shooting proyectiles incredibly fast in all directions, putting Slaine in trouble, until he manages to lure him to an area where it can only shoot in one direction, destroying his drones. When he tries to flee, Slaine decapitates his Kataphract, ejecting him into outer space.
- Barouhcruz (バルークルス Barukurusu?)
- Voiced by: Ryota Takeuchi (Japanese); Kaiji Tang (English)
- A Martian Knight with the rank of Count, who seems to get along with Marylcian. After Saazbaum is killed, he and Marylcian distrust the ambitions of the newly named Count Slaine, but cannot accuse him since they have no proof. He serves as witness for Marylcian and Slaine's duel. He pilots the Kataphract Octantis, that uses a pair of razor-sharp spinning discs on wires, that can even deflect bullets by being spun perpendicular to the bullets' flight path, creating the effect of a shield. He chooses to fight alongside Harklight and the Stygis platoon instead of retreating during the final battle.
- Mazuurek (マズゥールカ Mazū~ruka?)
- Voiced by: Toshiyuki Toyonaga (Japanese); Robbie Daymond (English)
- A Martian Knight contacted by Barouhcruz and Marylcian. He holds no contempt over the people of Earth and merely wants resources and prefers not to fight. He pilots the Kataphract Sirenum that's capable of creating a powerful gravitational tornado. He is defeated by Inaho and Marito and captured. When Inaho interrogates him and realizes his intentions are not the same as the other Martians, he tells him about the assassination and his suspicions about the impostor. He is later released by Inaho and Rayet, promising to find the real Asseylum and protect her.
- Selnakis (セルキナス Serukinasu?)
- Voiced by: Hiromichi Tezuka
- A Martian Knight and Count who landed in New Orleans. He pilots the Kataphract Solis that possesses two plasma beam mounts on its head that can be used to cut through anything. He and his Kataphract are destroyed by the Deucalion from extreme range when its crew, led by Inaho, takes advantage of its inability to shoot laser beams beyond the horizon (since lasers are unaffected by the Earth's curvature), while the Deucalion's cannons are able to fire using parabolic trajectories, leaving the Solis unable to retaliate.
- Zebrin (ゼブリン Zeburin?)
- Voiced by: Ryūichi Kijima (Japanese); David Vincent (English)
- A Martian Knight with the rank of Count, who works alongside Count Orga and Countess Rafia. He pilots the Kataphract Electris, that's capable of controlling and firing massive bolts of electricity. He is killed when Inaho manages to latch his Kataphract onto the Electris and equalize the electric potential between the two Kataphracts, making him immune to the Electris' lightning attacks and allowing him to safely destroy it.
- Rafia (ラフイア Rafuia?)
- Voiced by: Hitomi Nabatame (Japanese); Amanda C. Miller (English)
- A Martian Knight with the rank of Countess, who works alongside Count Zebrin and Count Orga. She pilots the Kataphract Scandia, which has powerful cloaking capabilities that leave neither shadow nor heat signature, and is armed with a crossbow that fires explosive arrows. She is killed after her Kataphract is located with a smokescreen (as Inaho correctly deduces that, being a physical object, the Kataphract will still affect air currents, and could thus be rendered visible by its interaction with the smoke), and destroyed by Yuki's Kataphract armed with a high-powered rifle.
- Orga (オルガ Oruga?)
- Voiced by: Kenta Miyake
- A Martian Knight with the rank of Count, who works alongside Count Zebrin and Countess Rafia. He pilots the Kataphract Ortygia, which is capable of creating copies of itself through quantum teleportation. However, the Ortygia is able, through unexplained means, to retain the original individual after teleporting, in effect creating a clone of both his Kataphract and himself. This means that instead of being drones controlled by a single "master" unit (the initial hypothesis of the Deucalion crew), each copy is the "real" Ortygia and is individually controlled by Orga (or a copy of him), meaning it cannot be destroyed as long as one remains. Inaho kills him by taking control of the weapons systems of every Kataphract in his platoon, targeting and firing on every Ortygia unit simultaneously, destroying them all.
- Klancain (クランカイン Kurankain?)
- Voiced by: Ryōta Ōsaka (Japanese); Vic Mignogna (English)
- The eldest son of Count Cruhteo, who arrives from Mars with the interest of meeting Slaine. Unlike his father, he is rather humble and friendly, but also sharp and perceptive. He is still loyal to the Emperor and saves Asseylum from being killed by assassins. He helps Asseylum have one last talk with her grandfather, and becomes her betrothed to help her cement her position as Empress and to make peace with Earth.
- Rayregalia Vers Rayvers (レイレガリア・ヴァース・レイヴァース Reiregaria Vāsu Reivāsu?)
- Voiced by: Shinji Ogawa, Takayuki Sugō (ep 23) (Japanese); Geoffrey Chalmers (English)
- The Martian Emperor and Princess Asseylum's grandfather. He founded the empire in 1972 when the Aldnoah technology recognized him as its master, burning its activation processes into his very genes, giving him supreme authority over them. All of his descendants share this power, and he can grant limited control of the Aldnoah's powers to others. Utilizing this power monopoly, he based the authority of his empire on this military force and created a class of warlords loyal to him who would become the Martian Knights. He retired in 1997 due to health problems, but when his son and heir, Gilzeria, was killed in the war of 1999, he was forced to return to the throne. He has been manipulated by Saazbaum into believing that his granddaughter is truly dead, that Slaine is a spy of the Terrans and that he must officially rekindle the war on Earth. After 19 months his health worsens to the point where he no longer recognizes his surroundings, and before passing away, he has one last talk with Asseylum, remembering when he found the Aldnoah technology and how he wanted to use it to improve all of mankind.
- Lemrina Vers Envers (レムリナ・ヴァース・エンヴァース Remurina Vāsu Envāsu?)
- Voiced by: Shiina Natsukawa (Japanese); Kira Buckland (English)
- The second Princess of the Vers Empire, Rayregalia's other granddaughter and Asseylum's younger half-sister. The two princesses share the same paternal lineage, but have different mothers. She hates her royal heritage and even though she knows she is only a tool to activate the Aldnoah Drive, she continues with her mission since it makes her feel useful, befriending Slaine. She also pretends to be Asseylum in a message that urges to continue the war, with only Inaho suspecting she is an impostor. Her lower limbs are weak and she has to rely on a wheel chair for mobility. However, she could use her legs like a normal person in low gravity environment. Her relationship to her half-sister is not close.
Aldnoah.Zero was announced on February 15, 2014, as a project headed by Nitro+, with animation by A-1 Pictures and TROYCA. It was created by Gen Urobuchi and is directed by Ei Aoki with mechanical designs by Kenji Teraoka, characters by Masako Matsumoto, and designs by Takako Shimura. Aldnoah.Zero's production committee, Project AZ, consists of Aniplex, Houbunsha, Tokyo MX, Nippon BS Broadcasting, Asahi Broadcasting Corporation, MAGES, Nitroplus and Movic.
Katsuhiko Takayama has been responsible for series composition, managing the flow and story of the series. Urobuchi created the mainframe from the story until the preliminary version as Aoki was responsible for the characters; as a result, he does not feel connected with the Inaho developed by Aoki, although he stated, "Aoki-san is a pleasure to work with on storyboard."[better source needed]
The director of Aldnoah.Zero is Ei Aoki and the original creator is listed as Gen Urobuchi, both of whom had previously collaborated on Fate/Zero. The main cast was announced by Aoki at AnimeJapan on March 22, 2014. Urobuchi produced the scripts for the opening 3 episodes of the first season, after which Katsuhiko Takayama took over, completing the remaining 9 episodes; Takayama continued in the second season, doing 7, with further writing credits going to Shinsuke Onishi (4 episodes) and Ayumi Sekine (1 episode).
Series music was composed by Hiroyuki Sawano. The opening theme song for the first season was "heavenly blue" performed by Kalafina, The ending theme songs for the first season were "A/Z" and "aLIEz", both performed by SawanoHiroyuki[nZk]:mizuki. The second season's opening theme song was "&Z" by SawanoHiroyuki[nZk]:mizuki, and the closing theme song was "Genesis" by Eir Aoi, with episode 23 featuring "Harmonious" by Sora Amamiya.
It has been broadcast on Tokyo MX, BS11, Asahi Broadcasting Corporation, Gunma TV and AT-X in Japan, with streaming available on Niconico.[better source needed] Aniplex of America licensed the series for a streamed simulcast beginning in July 2014.[verification needed] It was also streamed in Australia by Hanabee.
- ANN Staff (2014-04-27). "Aldnoah.Zero Space Robot TV Anime's 2nd Ad Streamed". Anime News Network. Retrieved 16 March 2016.
- ANN Staff (2014-06-14). "Toru Ohkawa, Sho Hayami Join Aldnoah.Zero Cast". Anime News Network. Retrieved 16 March 2016.
- "Aniplex USA to Release 1st Aldnoah.Zero Season on BD/DVD with Dub & Sub". Anime News Network. 2015-06-06.
- "Fate/Zero's Aoki Helms Nitro+ & Urobuchi's Aldnoah.Zero TV Anime". Anime News Network. February 16, 2014. Retrieved March 17, 2016.
- "Swaps4" (2014-07-05). ""Aldnoah.Zero" Episode 1 Preview Images". Haruhichan Network. Retrieved 16 March 2016.
- "nekotea" (2014-08-25). "Interview with Gen Urobuchi at JX 2014" (self-published online blog). Neko's Shiritori. Retrieved 16 March 2016.[better source needed]
- ANN Staff (2014-02-15). "Fate/Zero's Aoki Helms Nitro+ & Urobuchi's Aldnoah.Zero TV Anime". Anime News Network. Retrieved 16 March 2016.
- ANN Staff (2014-03-22). "Aldnoah.Zero TV Anime's Cast Announced in 1st Promo Video". Anime News Network. Retrieved 16 March 2016.
- ANN Staff (2014-05-10). "Kalafina, Hiroyuki Sawano Perform Aldnoah.Zero TV Anime's Songs". Anime News Network. Retrieved 16 March 2016.
- "SawanoHiroyuki[nZk]:mizuki, Eir Aoi Perform 2nd Aldnoah.Zero Season's Songs". Anime News Network. November 17, 2014. Retrieved March 17, 2016.
- "Frontalspy" (2014-03-28). "Gen Urobuchi's Aldnoah Zero Anime Airing This July" (self-published online blog). otakutale.com. Retrieved 16 March 2016.[better source needed]
- ANN Staff (2014-06-25). "Aniplex USA to Stream Aldnoah.Zero, Persona 4 the Golden Animation". Anime News Network. Retrieved 16 March 2016.