Aldo Mazza playing on his signature drum set
|Birth name||Aldo Mazza|
|Instruments||Drums and percussion|
|Associated acts||Celine Dion|
Jon Bon Jovi
Chris De Burgh
Aldo Mazza has performed on over 100 CDs and soundtracks, and recorded with such well-known artists as Celine Dion, Jon Bon Jovi and Aldo Nova. He has performed live with artists such as James Brown, Chris De Burgh, Frank Sinatra, Nikki Yanofsky and Oliver Jones.
For over 25 years Aldo Mazza has been a member of the internationally acclaimed percussion quartet, Répercussion. Répercussion has gone around the world twice, recorded five CDs and performed over 2,500 concerts, television and radio appearances including live CBC Radio recordings. Mazza has performed special concerts for dignitaries including Canadian prime ministers and American presidents, and has performed at many prestigious events such as Expo 92 in Spain, Expo 86 in Canada, the Montreal Jazz Festival, the Hong Kong Arts Festival, and as a soloist with many distinguished symphony orchestras such as the Montreal Symphony Orchestra and the National Arts Centre Orchestra of Canada.
Mazza has been coverred in magazines and newspapers such as PAS magazine (Percussive Arts Society), Modern Drummer, Percussioni (Italy), Canadian Musician, SOCAN, DRUM!, The Montreal Gazette, Maclean's magazine and Drumclub (Italy). He has also published a number of articles in music trade magazines such as La Scena Musicale, PAS, Vice Versa and SBO.
- Aldo Nova Blood on the Bricks
- Celine Dion Chante Noel, Incognito
- Pagliaro Sous penne d'amour
- Buzz band Buzz Band
- Répercussion New Kong, Les fantaisies classiques, Repercussion
- I Musici Carmen Suite
- Kathleen Cette fille là
- Montreal Jubilation Choir Jubilation V
- Cooper Brothers Cooper Brothers, Cooper Brothers
- Phil Wilson conducts the Jazz Band Live and Cooking
- Claude Valade Comme tu es grand – chansons chrétiennes
- The Plouffe Family (Les Plouffe) Film Soundtrack
- André Gagnon St. Laurent
- Antonino Mazza The Way I Remember It
- Nikki Yanofsky Ella... of Thee I Swing
- Serge Laprade De la tête aux pieds
- Ronald McDonald Ton sourire et mon sourir
- Daniel Janke Daniel Janke
- Concept Neuf Concept Neuf
- Le Montreal Pop Le Montreal Pop, On est tous musiciens
- Hanna Tifert A Voice Calls
Mazza is the founder and artistic director of the KoSA Academy and the KoSA International Percussion Workshops and festivals in Canada, Italy, Cuba and the United States. He has beenan instructor at McGill University's Faculty of Music and is currently[when?] teaching at the KoSA Academy in Montreal. He also travels world-wide giving music seminars and clinics.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-06-05. Retrieved 2010-04-18.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-05-15. Retrieved 2010-04-18.
- "The Magic Of Drum Camps: Interview with Aldo Mazza of KOSA Music", DRUM! magazine
- Aldo Mazza Profile at promark.com
- Aldo Mazza Profile at sabian.com
- Aldo Mazza Profile Archived 2010-05-15 at the Wayback Machine. at lpmusic.com
- Aldo Mazza (Artist) at mikebalter.com