|Birth name||Alexaundra Christine Schneiderman|
|Also known as||Alex Christine|
|Born||December 9, 1996|
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
|Former stage name|
Alexaundra Christine Schneiderman (born Korean: 알렉사) and formerly Alex Christine (알렉스 크리스틴), is an American singer based in South Korea. After placing in both seasons of the reality television contest Rising Legends, AleXa signed with ZB Label and trained there for roughly two-and-a-half years. During this time, she competed on Mnet's Produce 48. She debuted on October 19, 2019, with the single "Bomb".December 9, 1996), better known by her stage name AleXa (
Alexaundra Christine Schneiderman was born on December 9, 1996 in Tulsa, Oklahoma, where she was raised. Her mother was adopted from South Korea, while her father is of Russian descent. While living in Tulsa, AleXa attended Jenks High School and Tulsa Community College. As a child, AleXa took dancing lessons for various genres, including ballet, jazz, hip hop, and tap. She began to dance when she was eighteen months old and continued into mid-high school. She was a member of the show choirs Jenks Varsity Pom and the Jenks Trojanaires in high school, which competed nationally, and participated in theatrical productions while attending college. AleXa was an avid K-pop fan and created an Instagram account dedicated to covering K-pop songs and choreography while in school. The account received attention, amassing roughly 52,000 followers as of February 2018.
2016-2018: Rising Legends and Produce 48
In 2016, under the name Alex Christine, AleXa participated on the Rising Legends online audition run by Soompi with assistance from JYP Entertainment and competed again in 2017 when Soompi partnered with Cube Entertainment. Despite placing #1 in the dance category for both years, she did not place in either of the companies and instead signed with ZB. In 2018, AleXa competed on Produce 48 and was eliminated in the first round at #82.
2019-present: Debut with "Bomb" and first EP
On October 19, 2019, AleXa released her debut single "Bomb." Her debut cost approximately $300,000 USD. On December 13, 2019, AleXa collaborated with Korean rock band Diablo to release a rock version of "Bomb."
On February 24, 2020, she announced her first extended play with the release of the comeback trailer "A.I Trooper". Then, AleXa released the single "Do or Die" for the album on March 6, 2020. The extended play was released on April 1, 2020.
|Do or Die|
|Title||Year||Peak chart positions||Sales||Album|
|"A.I Trooper"||2020||—||—||Do or Die|
|"Do or Die"||—||—|
|"Be The Future"
(with Dreamcatcher & In2It)
(As Millenasia Project)
|"—" denotes releases that did not chart or were not released in that region.|
|2018||Produce 48||Herself||Mnet||As Alex Christine|
- "AleXa on Instagram". Instagram. December 9, 2019. Retrieved April 6, 2020.
Thank you so much for joining my birthday party!
- Neal Kuykendall, Lindsey (January 23, 2018). "Alex Christine is on her way to K-Pop fame". TulsaPeople. Archived from the original on May 17, 2018. Retrieved January 7, 2020.
- Benjamin, Jeff (2019-10-20). "AleXa Takes Unconventional Route to Finally Make K-Pop Debut With 'Bomb': Premiere". Billboard. Retrieved 2020-01-13.
- Herman, Tamar (2020-01-13). "How Much Does It Cost To Debut A K-Pop Star? Zanybros CEO Discusses AleXa's Debut". Forbes. Retrieved 2020-01-13.
- Benjamin, Jeff (2019-10-31). "AleXa Makes a 'Bomb' Top 10 Debut on World Digital Song Sales Chart". Billboard. Retrieved 2020-01-13.
- Herman, Tamar (2019-12-13). "AleXa Teams up With DIABLO for Rock Version of 'Bomb': Exclusive Premiere". Billboard. Retrieved 2020-01-13.
- Update: AleXa Is Fierce And Playful As She Slays Performance For New Track “Kitty Run”, retrieved 2020-04-03
- Peak Gaon Chart Digital Chart Ranking
- AleXa Makes a 'Bomb' Top 10 Debut on World Digital Song Sales Chart, retrieved 2019-10-31