|Region||Northern Region of Uganda|
|Elevation||3,600 ft (1,100 m)|
|Population (2013 Estimate)|
Alebtong lies on the main road between the city of Lira, in Lira District to the west, and the town of Omoro, in Alebtong District to the east. This is approximately 50 kilometres (31 mi), by road, east of Lira, the largest city in the Lango sub-region. Alebtong is about 285 kilometres (177 mi) by road northeast of Kampala, the capital of Uganda and its largest city. The coordinates of Alebtong are: 2°15'00.0"N, 33°18'54.0"E (Latitude:2.2500; Longitude:33.3150).
In 2013, it was estimated that within a radius of 7 kilometres (4.3 mi) from the center of the town, the total population is approximately 15,100.
Points of interest
The following points of interest lie within the town limits or close to the edges of the town:
- headquarters of Alebtong District Administration
- offices of Alebtong Town Council
- Alebtong Central Market
- Lira-Omoro Road, passing through Alebtong in a northwest to southeast direction.
- "Road Distance Between Lira And Alebtong With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 2 June 2014.
- "Map Showing Kampala And Alebtong With Distance Marker". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 2 June 2014.
- Google (2 July 2015). "Location of Alebtong At Google Maps" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 2 July 2015.
- "Estimated Population of Alebtong Town In 2013". Fallingrain.com. Retrieved 2 June 2014.