|Born||1953 (age 64–65)|
|Residence||Beverly Hills, California, U.S.|
|Alma mater||Western Michigan University|
|Net worth||US$2.2 billion (April 2018)|
|Spouse(s)||Kelly Noonan (m. 2016); Lisa (div.)|
|Family||Tom Gores (brother)|
Sam Gores (brother)
Alec E. Gores (born 1953) is an Israeli-American businessman and investor who made his fortune through leveraged buyouts of technology firms at the firm Gores Group. As of October 2015 his net worth was estimated at $2.1 billion by Forbes magazine.
Early life and education
Alec Gores was born in 1953 in Nazareth, and is of Christian Palestinian descent. He was raised in Flint, Michigan, and attended Genesee High School in Genesee, Michigan. He then obtained a degree in computer science from Western Michigan University.
His brothers are:
- Tom Gores a fellow billionaire and founder of Platinum Equity. They have been involved in a number of deals together including the 2011 acquisition of Alliance Entertainment, which distributes DVDs, CDs and video games to stores such as Barnes & Noble, Amazon.com and Target.
- Sam Gores head of Paradigm Talent Agency
In 1978, he founded Executive Business Systems with $10,000, selling computers out of his basement. By 1986 the company employed over 200 people and was acquired by CONTEL for approximately $2 million.
Following the acquisition, Gores began acquiring and operating non-core businesses from major corporations. He eventually founded The Gores Group, a private equity firm in 1987 and since then has acquired 80 companies over 25 years.
Gores has five children: Rochelle Gores Fredston, Eric Gores, Lauren Gores Ireland, Alexa Gores, and Gavin Gores. He is married to Kelly Noonan Gores. He has a former wife, Lisa.
- Morgan Brennan. "Forbes Alec Gores". Forbes. Retrieved 18 October 2015.
- "Letters". San Diego Reader. 2009-05-20. Retrieved 2011-09-25.
For the record, my mother is of Lebanese descent, and my father was of Greek descent. We were raised and are still practicing Catholics
- "The Gores Group, LLC - Team". Gores.com. Archived from the original on July 24, 2011. Retrieved 2011-06-09.
- "Platinum Equity".
- "The Mystery Bidder for Borders: Meet Alec Gores". The Wall Street Journalt. June 1, 2011. Retrieved April 18, 2013.
- Bannon, Lisa (April 9, 2002)."Gores Brothers Jockey for Same Deals In Grown-Up Game of Sibling Rivalry". The Wall Street Journal.
- "The Gores Group History".
- Mark David (April 23, 2007). "Do You Know Who Lisa Gores Is?". Variety. Retrieved December 6, 2014.
- "'You've just got to be lucky' - How JP McManus won €15m in a board game with US billionaire". Independent.ie. Retrieved 2016-05-08.